Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seanad elections - two votes?

• 13-02-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was chatting to someone who holds degrees from Trinity College and UCD. They claim that it's possible to have two votes in the Seanad elections, one through each institution. Does anybody know if this is true or possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

it is possible to be eligible to vote in more than one panel

however, you cannot have more than one vote in each panel

UCD and Trinity are in separate panels therefore yes you could vote in each

if you are eligible to vote in other panels you get another vote etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭peneau

Yes.

There are two separate University constituencies. The constituency of The National University of Ireland and Dublin University (Trinity) Constituency, electing 3 members in each Constituency.

Eligibility to vote in both Constituencies, requires a degree from both Universities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

indeed

and if you live abroad its ok to vote in a seanad election (multiple times) BUT you loose your vote for the dail the minute you step on the plane.

Theres something rotten in that system in more ways than just a double vote.

But then again, how are civil servants working in embassies abroad considered special premium emigrants who keep their dail vote YET regular emigrants are considered imbeciles (/ turncoats) who cannot be trusted to make a responsible choice for a better future for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes and a county councillor or senator or td who is a graduate of both would have 7 votes

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

But then again, how are civil servants working in embassies abroad considered special premium emigrants who keep their dail vote YET regular emigrants are considered imbeciles (/ turncoats) who cannot be trusted to make a responsible choice for a better future for Ireland.

would you like some ketchup for that chip?

• Advertisement
Advertisement