Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three - 02 - Tesco. All one company? .. Different price plans!!!

Options
  • 13-02-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

My contract with three is finished as of yesterday. I was on a plan that included 350 flexi units with a text ad-on bringing the total bill to 55 per month. Now that the contract is finished they said they can reduce this contract to 27 per month as I am no longer repaying the cost of the iPhone 5 I got from them 18 months ago. I would be happy enough with this except I have always had a major problem with three`s coverage in my area.

I was planning on moving to the tesco network on a unlimited plan for 25 per month but i`m wondering if their is any point now considering Tesco was a subsidiary company of 02 and 02 is now being taken over by Three anyway.

Does it make the move senseless? The customer service rep from three I spoke to on the phone earlier about this said that if I move to Tesco, I will only be available to use the existing 02 signal masts and not the three masts which strikes me as a sales talk bo**ox excuse to try get me to stay. It`s beyond me anyway why he would try to convince me to stay as are the monthly payments essentially not all going to the one company any more??

I mean I guess you could say Tesco - 02 - and Three are all just one large company now anyway??

It is very strange to me how each one of these logo-ed company names try to be perceived as three separate companies to the public.... all with different websites - retail stores - and different mobile price plans being offered??

Any one else have any comments on the subject?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tesco Mobile isn't a subsidiary of O2.. they are only using their network to provide the service (a bit like how you can get Vodafone/Sky broadband on an eircom phone line for example)

Both O2 and 3 have a presence on the Talk To forums here so you could ask them directly about this, but so far the line seems to be that regardless of whether you're with O2 or 3, it's business as usual for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I can't see it changing for Tesco for a while. It hasn't changed for O2 customers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

The O2 brand is being phased out, and the overall network masts are being taken onboard. Basically it's going to bring the best of both networks.

If you find that the Tesco Mobile coverage looks good, pull the trigger, as they'll still be around. For a good few months anyway.

Besides, it's a rolling thirty day contract, so if things do change, just come back here and we'll advise you.

Advertisement