Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I failed 3 of 6 exams, now what?

• 13-02-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

So im in my first year of it Sligo and for my winter exams I failed 3 of my 6 exams. What happens now? Do I repeat these exams over summer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Hi

The repeat exams will be in the autumn (August).

I would suggest that you meet your lecturers and ask to see your paper so you can understand where you went wrong. Sometimes there are other requirements and you should get a letter in the next couple of weeks outlining what has to be done.

If you have any questions be sure to ask either the lecturers or admin staff.

Your head of dept might be a good source of advice also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mourning

Will the letter be sent to my home address or will it be given to me in college?

Another problem is that one of the classes i failed was 100% CA (Not sure how I failed to be honest) so what happens with that class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

mourning wrote: »
    Will the letter be sent to my home address or will it be given to me in college?

Another problem is that one of the classes i failed was 100% CA (Not sure how I failed to be honest) so what happens with that class?

a letter gets sent to your house address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

With the 100% ca there could be additional work like a project or there could be the requirement to repeat the module. Where you take it next year. Depending on your repeat results it may be possible to go into second year and repeat attend the 100% ca module at the same time.

Advertisement