Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentine's Day

Options
  • 13-02-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Do you give your children cards/presents on Valentine's Day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

No way they get enough presents as it is! Just about give a card to my husband, he usually buys me flowers. Kids make a card for us sometimes in playschool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I might make them heart buns for them to decorate and I will watch a film and eat chocolate with the 2 eldest they are 6 & 4:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

No. I dread Valentine's but I do thank kids for cards they make and tease the elder one if he made a card for the girl he has crush on. But Valentine's itself is not marked in our family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Why would you? It's not for the kids. It's for you and your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My little lad celebrates his birthday today so Valentines day is completely ignored here :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Nope, not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Nope. And hubby and I confessed that we haven't even had a chance to grab a card yet (vomiting bug here this week - not a good week) but considering we're all back up and running the 5 of us will do a nice family lunch. Just need to think of a place now. Kids are 5,2 and 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

yup wrote a card last night from guess who for my six year old, its a bit of fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

jeni wrote: »
    yup wrote a card last night from guess who for my six year old, its a bit of fun :)

did the same for our 5 year old, my husband and i don't do anything for valentines, we keep it to anniversaries, birthdays and christmas.

but it's nice to see her all excited about getting some post and then having a valentines card for herself, she made one in school for us too,

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

No we don't. We tell them we love them about 500 times every day, a card might just be overkill :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I do- My mom always gave us a little valentine and I give my son a valentine. nothing big just a card and a little something. In my opinion valentines day is a day to show appreciate to the people you love in your life. I love my son so I give him something :)
    I know its not for everyone but I enjoy getting him a little card and present (and well my partner gets a card and present as well haha!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

We do, to me Valentines Day is a day to celebrate love in your life. Right now our kids love us more than anything in the world. And want to celebrate it, which I think is lovely.

We make cards and have a little family party. It's lovely.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The kids and I got a take away and ate it and chatted together then watched a film:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Our little guy was conceived on either Valentines day or the day before so he is technically my best ever Valentine. Doubt we'll ever celebrate that with him though. ��

Advertisement