Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone limiting data download to 100MB.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hugh123

plus anything else from the iTunes store >100MB including MOVIES..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DubDJ wrote: »
    Two things here to note, as everybody else has told you Apple apply a 100MB download limit to apps downloaded from their App Store. Any apps larger than that size will have to be downloaded over wifi, this apples to every iPhone running iOS at the moment. Apple implemented this to stop people complaining about apps taking all their all their credit or running up a huge bill when downloading and updating apps.

Another thing, when Three say 'unlimited data' you do know there's a fair usage policy on that? You can only download a certain amount of data (usually 7.5GB) before Three throttle your speed until it's unusable. For me that's the real problem with these contracts.

I think Apple should offer the option to increase your own limit but it would probably lead to complaints from people about huge bills, Apps are pretty big on the App Store these days, most apps I own are close to if not over 100MB, especially games.

Their FUP is 15GB, not 7.5GB on the unlimited plan. They rarely, if ever, implement that. Only really heavy abusers have I ever seen being throttled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

hugh123 wrote: »
    plus anything else from the iTunes store >100MB including MOVIES..

But you can stream them which is just as easy. I'd personally download them over wifi instead and have them stored while using the data purely for smaller videos/apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Instead of all this whining on a forum would you not ask three to cancel the contract? You have so many days to do it and go get yourself an android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

hugh123 wrote: »
    The fact that Three offers an Unlimited Data plan in IRELAND and are selling this along side the iPhone with its built in Data limitation is absolutely ridiculous and unfair to the consumer.
    Not much people (a very small percentage of the population in Ireland) are actually adding to this Thread and anyone who feels like this thread is a waste of your time, please feel free to go to another Thread or to remove your fingers from the keyboard and go out to the fresh air.

It isn't ridiculous at all. The only thing currently ridiculous is this thread.

It has been clearly explained to you from the start but you seem unwilling to accept logic, clarity and plain fact as well as now dictating behaviour to other posters (while complaining behind the scenes to mods about other posters).

As this thread is going nowhere but downhill, I'm locking it as of now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement