Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

samsung smart tv sound and pic out of snyc

• 13-02-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have a Samsung Smart(?) TV model STC1100 and the picture and sound are way out of sync. Is there anyway that can be adjusted by the user? I've been through Tools and Menu but can't find anything.

Also ..... I have only the Irish channels and RTE1 & RTE2 as well as the News Now channel work fine but the rest have no sound until I go to Tools>Audio Language and change from 'AD Premix' to 'English'. Sound back Ok but if I switch to another channel I have to go through the process again ... the change isn't kept. Noticed that the channels with sound work on either AD Premix or English.
    Any help would be appreciated or should this gadget go to the shop?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I have a Samsung Smart(?) TV model STC1100 and the picture and sound are way out of sync. Is there anyway that can be adjusted by the user? I've been through Tools and Menu but can't find anything.

Also ..... I have only the Irish channels and RTE1 & RTE2 as well as the News Now channel work fine but the rest have no sound until I go to Tools>Audio Language and change from 'AD Premix' to 'English'. Sound back Ok but if I switch to another channel I have to go through the process again ... the change isn't kept. Noticed that the channels with sound work on either AD Premix or English.

Can you double check the tv model? - googling it says that it is a Camera for the Samsung TV

• Registered Users Posts: 36 myfoothurts

sorry, had that written down on the manual when looking for a camera…far too expensive.
    model UE32F4500AK
    many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This is not a TV problem, its your feed problem you will need to more than likely purchase an external Saorview aerial.

Because your signal is patch you are only getting some channels, and the ones you are getting have audio problems.

All points to bad aerial feed.

Thanks, Listermint, will look into that. Good to be able to go in some direction.
    All the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭aerial man

This is not a reception problem.

In the Broadcast Audio Options
    Screen Menu > Broadcasting > Audio Options
    Digital Broadcast Audio Options
    ● Preferred Language: Set this to english and the TV will default back to english instead of Audio descriptive everytime you turn on the tv.

The sound sync issue is common enough and you could try a software upgrade which can solve this issue http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/model/UE32F4500AKXXU
    or online if the TV is connected to the internet

or if that doesn't work you can offset the audio delay in a hidden service menu, instructions found here http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Service_Menu
    However they do warn you that playing around with the wrong settings can cause users to 'brick' the TV.
    Try the firmware update and see does it solve the sync issue first.

Hope it helps

• Advertisement

Solved (by accident)
    wondered what the AD/Subt button was so pressed it, set Audio Description to Off and have sound everywhere now.
    When I can get access to the set without starting a major battle with the kids I will download the fix for sound/pic sync.
    Have fitted a new aerial (to replace indoor one). Also have fitted free to air dish but not connected yet.
    Many thanks, AerialMan, ListerMint and Pizzahead77 ---- the kids love you

Advertisement