Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So found a downside to purchasing from the U.S. Store

Options
  • 13-02-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭

last November I purchased the digital version of advanced warfare from the U.S. Store including season pass and and it worked fine on my Irish account but recently Activison have started releasing new camo packs for weapons etc so I went and bought the camo on the U.S. Store installed it and when I went into the game on my US account I was able to apply it. But when I went back to the camo store it wasn't there now I also purchased the camo from the Irish store and even though it allowed me to purchase the camo it said I needed to buy the game to use it. So it looks like the micro transactions dlc seems to be region locked. Anyone come across this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Yep, it's pretty well known that if you buy the game in the states, you need to buy the DLC in the states, similarly, if you buy it from Ireland, buy the DLC from Ireland.

Sucks you got caught out though, is the US DLC you bought definitely lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

RedXIV wrote: »
    Yep, it's pretty well known that if you buy the game in the states, you need to buy the DLC in the states, similarly, if you buy it from Ireland, buy the DLC from Ireland.

Sucks you got caught out though, is the US DLC you bought definitely lost?

No it's there on my US account and I can apply it but it's weird I bought the edition with season pass and got free bonus gear and they released the widow maker gun a month earlier for season pass holders and I can use that but it seems if I purchase any additional camo's i can apply it on the U.S. Account but when I use my Irish account it isn't there which is a shame as I would have bought I usually buy additional camo's and would have purchased additional armoury slots, I wonder is it the same on Xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They are different accounts though so no purchase made on one will be applicable to the other, think of it as having two different sim cards for the same phone credit on one wont be there if you put in the other sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They are different accounts though so no purchase made on one will be applicable to the other, think of it as having two different sim cards for the same phone credit on one wont be there if you put in the other sim.

I know but I just find that 1) The game and bonus dlc works on my Irish account as pre-orders got atlas camo's and a free map.
    2) the season pass got me a month early access to the AE4 assault rifle and I hope the map packs (1st map pack released on the 26th) as I said all purchased on my US account and when I sign in to my Irish account I can play away with no issue. I will be purchasing the next cod via the Irish PSN store next November lesson learned!

Advertisement