Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying guns abroad

Options
  • 13-02-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

how do i go about buying a gun abroad? can someone explain the full procedures in detail? customs,tariffs,shipping etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

buy it, then you apply for a licence when you have the licence apply for the import licence then have it shipped to yourself if you want to do the paperwork or just have a dealer do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thehound

is there much hassel with paper work or is it like any license application was looking at 243 brno myself in uk

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hunter701

juice1304 wrote: »
    buy it, then you apply for a licence when you have the licence apply for the import licence then have it shipped to yourself if you want to do the paperwork or just have a dealer do it for you.

i have a license already for one shotgun so do i just apply to get the new gun to be put onto my own license and then get the import license

how much does import license cost and do i apply for it from gardai? and how long does it take to get the import license?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

hunter701 wrote: »
    i have a license already for one shotgun so do i just apply to get the new gun to be put onto my own license and then get the import license

how much does import license cost and do i apply for it from gardai? and how long does it take to get the import license?

No you need a licence for each firearm the firearm is licenced here not the person. The import licence is free you apply to the department of justice, it can be found on their website, its simple enough. It takes about a week. It would be easier to just have your local dealer to do it if your not too sure, they usually charge 20 quid or if you know one he might just do it for free. shipping is about the same from the uk. That is how much i was charged for the courier about two years ago to have a rifle shipped anyway.

Advertisement