Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell E6530 Can't Boot in Docking Station

Options
  • 13-02-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an issue where I use a docking station for my Dell E6530. I have two internal hard drives and three external (two USB and one eSata). When the three externals are plugged into the docking station, the BIOS can not see the internal drives and I cant boot.

I found that the Internal HDD would reappear in the BIOS boot list when the eSata drive was plugged in but off during start up, rather than off and then on when the machine powers up.

The docking station works perfectly when I boot the laptop and then dock it.

The addition of the three external drives is recent and the issue is only when they are used, but I do not understand why the BIOS would react in the way it is with this config.

:confused:

Advertisement