Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime taking money from my account

Options
  • 14-02-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I discovered today that Amazon took €109 from my account for the Amazon Prime service.  This came about when I was at the delivery stage of placing an order and clicked something like 'Prime delivery'.  I may have mistakenly signed up for the service at some point during this but I didn't knowingly say that this money could be deducted.  I called the bank and they said that they have been receiving similar calls.  Someone in my office at work also had the same experience. I've sent an email to Amazon and hopefully this will get resolved.  This is really just a warning to people that it's way too simple to join this.  I don't even know what Amazon Prime is!  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Zohan, 

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback here on Boards.ie. 

The retailer should be able to confirm the reason for this charge and the terms and conditions involved. You may also be able to find more information on this service on their website and hopefully it will provide you with an explanation and possible cancellation procedure should you wish to stop this service. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think the charge is the Amazon Prime membership fee.

Membership will get you  discounted one-day shipping rates, as well as having access to the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library and unlimited, ad-free streaming music.

It seems you may have ticked the box for a "free two-day trial", and as you didn't cancel it, you got hit with the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 katsky

this is just a word of warning for anybody who unintentionally authorized Amazon to run a 'free' Prime Membership trial. 
    While the service is offered to you and completely unsolicited, it is about you NOT knowing that you should be ticking the box saying that you do NOT want to go beyond the trial period. Otherwise your credit card you have registered with Amazon will get hit with the fee. And you wont know about it because there will be no receipt, no email from Amazon to this effect, basically nothing to let you know that by accepting 'free' trial imposed on you, you have accepted your account being debited for something you dont want and dont use. 
    Just happened to me very recently.
    Please be aware all Amazon users. 

Advertisement