Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Price Gouging

Options
  • 14-02-2015 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭

Visited a gamestop yesterday for the first time in ages and was shocked how much they're charging for the best selling games.

Call of Duty and GTAV both €75 on PS4! (€5 above RRP)

Majora's Mask was €60! for a 3ds game! (€10 above RRP)

If you bought those three games in Argos instead you would save €49

I'd like to think they're struggling if they're being forced to do this but their margins on second hand games are so big that I doubt it. They don't have a monopoly yet but it's not far off, I just hate to see uninformed parents getting ripped off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

DisGonnaBeGood.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

We never had any threads about gamestops pricing before.....

Not even this big thread with 400+ posts http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057271017&page=30 among others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Gamestop are a rip off with prices. Their second hand games are only a few less compared to the new versions so i never bought second hand games(Apart from megadrive games in cash converters)

But now i buy most games online now as i've saved alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

SeantheMan wrote: »
    We never had any threads about gamestops pricing before.....

Not even this big thread with 400+ posts http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057271017&page=30 among others.

You're not a moderator. if a moderator wants to merge the threads then go ahead. Until then, unless you want to contribute to the discussion, don't post. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ShaneU wrote: »
    You're not a moderator. if a moderator wants to merge the threads then go ahead. Until then, unless you want to contribute to the discussion, don't post. Thank you.

Sounds a lot like something a moderator would say..... :D

I agree, their prices are bordering on outrageous. But until such time as people stop shopping there, it wont change. Clueless parents know no different....but I see savvy gamers still giving them business so ultimately it's our own fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This was discussed over and over on the other thread, but there we go. Vote with your wallet. No one forces anyone to shop at gamestop, with the wealth of online shopping options available these days, and it won't change until people stop giving them money. So if you don't like it, vote with your wallet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry OP, this thread has been discussed at length in (several) recent threads, and they all tend to go the exact same direction (with high potential for bickering).

As said, nobody is forcing you to shop there, so there's one very simple solution if you feel their prices are too high.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement