Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 1020 end of life warranty replacement

Options
  • 14-02-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭

I did a search for this and found quite a few threads relating to battery issues, none that covered warranty replacements recently though.

I've got a Lumia 1020 which the volume button broke on. To get this fixed, I had the rear housing replaced. No problems with the phone, or battery usage, prior to this.

Once I got the phone back, I was suffering pretty bad battery drainage issues. Losing 8% an hour in airplane mode overnight while not being used, with NFC/Location/Bluetooth/Wireless all turned off. Hard & soft resets did nothing to fix this.

I've since had the battery replaced, the rear housing replaced (again) and the LCD screen replaced. Luckily all under warranty! The battery drain is still occurring, though.

I'm slightly worried if I take the unit back to be repaired for a 4th time they'll only offer me a replacement under warranty - but since the 1020 is end of life it'll be the Lumia 930. Does anyone know what the usual result is when you bring in a faulty device thats end of life? Are they likely to be able to replace it with a new 1020?

(or if anyone has similar battery experience they managed to remedy that would also be great...I absolutely love my 1020 and it's camera, this is my second of them, and I'm really not ready to give it up...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd imagine they'll offer you a refurbished/reconditioned 1020 if they were going to replace it entirely. Brand new is unlikely.
    If they don't have one available then yes they may offer a 8/930

Advertisement