Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidaying while pregnant

Options
  • 14-02-2015 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

hi

I am going on holidays in a few weeks, I will be about 21-22 weeks pregnant by that time.

Anyone ever gone away while pregnant. I will be a couple of hours on the plane. Any precautions I should take?

I'm not due a hospital visit until I come back, do you think I should I book a doctors appointment to do a quick check up before I go?

Also if anyone has any toddlers too. Do you have any advice for bringing a toddler on their first sun holiday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I flew from Ireland to New Zealand at 25 weeks with my first, and did the round trip at around 15 weeks with my second, around 28 weeks with my third and around 6 weeks with my fourth. Just remember to drink lots of water, stretch your legs regularly and go to the loo pre-emptively so that you're not trapped in your seat, bursting, when the seatbelt sign is on. Imo the stockings are not worth the discomfort and cost, I wore them the first time but discarded them pretty quickly. I never bothered having a check up before I travelled but if it would make you feel more secure or if you have poor health then you should.

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Also if anyone has any toddlers too. Do you have any advice for bringing a toddler on their first sun holiday?

Look out for balconies or stone steps if they're still at the wobbly stage. Make sure that your accommodation will be cool enough inside for them to take their nap comfortably. Obviously sunscreen and sun hats are essential. I like the rash guard style long sleeved togs too. Our preference is for self catering as it can be a lot for them to be expected to behave themselves at restaurant standard for every meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I flew from Ireland to New Zealand at 25 weeks with my first, and did the round trip at around 15 weeks with my second, around 28 weeks with my third and around 6 weeks with my fourth. Just remember to drink lots of water, stretch your legs regularly and go to the loo pre-emptively so that you're not trapped in your seat, bursting, when the seatbelt sign is on. Imo the stockings are not worth the discomfort and cost, I wore them the first time but discarded them pretty quickly. I never bothered having a check up before I travelled but if it would make you feel more secure or if you have poor health then you should.

thanks rosy, all sounds fine. I'm sure I will be ok. Although not sure about drinking plenty of water, im only able to take sups at the moment. For some reason water makes my morning sickness really bad especially if I drink a lot in one go. I just buy a bottle of water and sip it throughout and make sure im well hydrated the day before. :) or I might be lucky and my morning sickness will be completely gone by then!!

Saralee4 wrote: »
    thanks rosy, all sounds fine. I'm sure I will be ok. Although not sure about drinking plenty of water, im only able to take sups at the moment. For some reason water makes my morning sickness really bad especially if I drink a lot in one go. I just buy a bottle of water and sip it throughout and make sure im well hydrated the day before. :) or I might be lucky and my morning sickness will be completely gone by then!!

Mine usually disappeared around 18 weeks. Just make sure you take little sips throughout the flight. If your morning sickness is aggravated by certain foods I'd recommend bringing food that you know you can eat on the flight. Plane food can be stomach turning at the best of times!

Advertisement