Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos selling these gaming headsets for less than half price

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that is actually a good price as the lowest is has been on Amazon is ~€190 and is currently ~€242

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I presume that headset does not work with the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Gonzo wrote: »
    I presume that headset does not work with the ps4?

Turtle Beach say they do - http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/call-of-duty-headsets/call-of-duty-ghosts-ear-force-phantom/394

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I would not buy a turtle beach headset. Always had problems with their wiring going shoddy after a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I would not buy a turtle beach headset. Always had problems with their wiring going shoddy after a year or so.

you must just throw around you're wires
    either that or have a dog that bites on them :pac:

have my original x1s (remember those :P) since their release
    never looked back
    apart from the obvious wear and tear , their in perfect condition and I use them daily ever since I got them

the mic on them went sometime last year but that was my own fault
    also have x12s nearly 2 years now I think probably longer and they work perfect as well

I'd recommend getting x12s , no point getting any headset over 100e, as the sound quality is no different to a headset which is less then 100e , only reason price goes down is with age. Unless you want to treat yourself I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you must just throw around you're wires
    either that or have a dog that bites on them :pac:

have my original x1s (remember those :P) since their release
    never looked back
    apart from the obvious wear and tear , their in perfect condition and I use them daily ever since I got them
    No i wear them, that's about it. Wires just seemed to to go shoddy around the volume box for no reason. Can't use the mic on them at all without distortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HungryHorace

You guys will probably think I'm mad, but what's wrong with Sony's own headset, its a damn sight cheaper. I guess its 'cos no good for PC gamers...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, how good would be these? I am looking for wireless headset for PC. Was thinking of Logitech g930. Would these be worth it at 150eu?

Cant find any info, if its working on Pc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You guys will probably think I'm mad, but what's wrong with Sony's own headset, its a damn sight cheaper. I guess its 'cos no good for PC gamers...

Nothing, it's absolutely great. I love my one, fine headset

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I wouldn't knock Turtle Beach headsets. I've been using an X11 for the last 5 years on my 360 and One, and it's as good as the day I bought it. Very good game and chat sound quality.

However if I was going to get a new headset, I'd buy this instead.......

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2679305/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|cat_19780877|Headsets|28081695.htm

• Advertisement

Reminds me of when women folk buy clothes in a shop that they don't need cause they are on-sale :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Cormac... wrote: »
    Reminds me of when women folk buy clothes in a shop that they don't need cause they are on-sale :P

I have no idea what you are talking about *Steam Sale!*

Skerries wrote: »
    I have no idea what you are talking about *Steam Sale!*

I had to turn off steam auto-opening when I booted my PC for reasons such as this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I wouldn't knock Turtle Beach headsets. I've been using an X11 for the last 5 years on my 360 and One, and it's as good as the day I bought it. Very good game and chat sound quality.

However if I was going to get a new headset, I'd buy this instead.......

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2679305/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|cat_19780877|Headsets|28081695.htm

I got the A50 currently, pretty much the same but wireless [bought it for the full €329 price though...].

One of the best headsets I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I got the A50 currently, pretty much the same but wireless [bought it for the full €329 price though...].

One of the best headsets I've ever used.

I have wanted a set of Astros for some time now and check the price regularly on Argos. I can't justify buying them while my current headset still works. What do you use your A50s with? Console/PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I have wanted a set of Astros for some time now and check the price regularly on Argos. I can't justify buying them while my current headset still works. What do you use your A50s with? Console/PC?

PC gaming, I don't really console all that much and if I am I'm using the 7.1 surround speakers in the TV room :p

That price cut on the A40s is pretty good... won't say wired would be ideal for consoles though.

Advertisement