Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subsistences - income not stated in P60 but included in Social Welfare?

Options
  • 14-02-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Why does subsistence not appear on P60 and is still counted towards income in Social Welfare? My father has subsistence as he is often away from home and it is not considered as an income and isn't counted towards tax in P60, but when I had to include his payslips in Social Welfare they said that they count towards the income.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Why would it matter?

One is a certificate of tax the other is (presumably) testing means.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

because it's not an income, it's spent on work expenses and not brought home, so it's not taxed, but Social Welfare still counts it towards income

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Wilwarin wrote: »
    because it's not an income, it's spent on work expenses and not brought home, so it's not taxed, but Social Welfare still counts it towards income

I would have thought it off set accomadation and food no?

Advertisement