Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ipad help

• 14-02-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

My dad just got an ipad mini. I set it up for him and all but when he went into the app store to download anything and when I put in his e-mail address as username and his password it says something about not recognising his e-mail address or password. Any suggestion? do I reset ipad or not? if I use his same e-mail and password, won't it say, this e-mail been already in use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Silly question but did you set up an Apple ID when setting it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

guil wrote: »
    Silly question but did you set up an Apple ID when setting it up?

Yes I did.

I can't remember if you have to verify the email address after creating an Apple ID. Did you check the email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

As above, sounds like the Apple ID set up hasn't been completed

Rackstar wrote: »
    As above, sounds like the Apple ID set up hasn't been completed

Can I rest the ipad using the same details or will it say 'this e-mail address has been used already'

• Advertisement

my mistake. Never thought to check e-mail. duh Thanks anyway folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

You shouldn't need to reset the iPad.

Has the apple I'd been set up correctly?

When entering the Apple ID and password in the App Store bear in mind that although you are using your dads email address as the Apple ID, they are separate and could well have different passwords.

Rackstar wrote: »
    You shouldn't need to reset the iPad.

Has the apple I'd been set up correctly?

When entering the Apple ID and password in the App Store bear in mind that although you are using your dads email address as the Apple ID, they are separate and could well have different passwords.

No, he has his own e-mail address and when I put his own e-mail address and his password into the appstore to download something, it gives me a message saying 'This Apple ID has not yet been used in iTunes store.'

Was there an email to verify the address and did that fix it?

guil wrote: »
    Was there an email to verify the address and did that fix it?

It's ok. I fixed it

• Advertisement
Advertisement