Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 15 coins purchase

Options
  • 14-02-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just a warning for parents in particular. My teenage son asked me to use my card to buy him Fifa15 coins through a website. Not sure I should name it but I can if necessary. I was suspicious as the site looks amateurish and the English in it is appalling.

He assured me his pals had used it so I went ahead. The site has a paypal payment system thankfully and I used paypal to pay. I got confirmation from Paypal that payment had been made. The site promised these coins on his XBOX account within minutes.

Of course nothing arrived and instead the following morning I got an email from the site asking me to send them a copy of my passport and driving licence so they could "verify" to Paypal that it was the correct person who had made payment. Again the English was appalling.

I contacted Paypal and got a refund. But I think people should be careful. This is to me a very clear hamfisted attempt to fool people into giving out details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Actually FIFA have their own website for selling coins. Your son tried to use a third party site to get them which is apparently illegal. They cost a small fortune legitimately so I see the point but if you aren't relatively tech savvy I wouldn't go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm nearly sure that there is no legitimate coin selling website. I've never heard of any.

Advertisement