Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does my panel need to be replaced

Options
  • 14-02-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I have an aritech alarm with the trouble light flashing due to a battery fault.
    I called out a local company to replace the battery and he reckons that the unit that charges the battery is faulty so replacing the battery won't work. He said something along the lines of only a 10.7v charge instead of 13.8v.

Essentially I've been told now that I'll need to replace the panel. I think he said that the current one has been discontinued. He has quoted me €300 for a hkc panel and 1 keypad.

Does this all sound likely and reasonable?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds reasonable, but I would get a second opinion to be sure.
    Also if upgrading consider an IP panel. These are the norm now & give you notifications to your phone & remote control via an app.
    If you are going down this road I would recommend looking at GSD , Siemens or Risco over HKC. These all give free apps and free remote accuse & notification. HKC charge for every app & charge a €60 a year subscription to use their app. There is also a rumor that there is an increase on the way in this subscription already.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Conar wrote: »
    I have an aritech alarm with the trouble light flashing due to a battery fault.
    I called out a local company to replace the battery and he reckons that the unit that charges the battery is faulty so replacing the battery won't work. He said something along the lines of only a 10.7v charge instead of 13.8v.

Essentially I've been told now that I'll need to replace the panel. I think he said that the current one has been discontinued. He has quoted me €300 for a hkc panel and 1 keypad.

Does this all sound likely and reasonable?

From the voltages quoted it looks like the battery charging circuit is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

KoolKid wrote: »
    There is also a rumor that there is an increase on the way in this subscription already.

Rumours aren't fact . So i wouldn't be saying anything. Sure rumors have it you work for GSD...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Thanks guys. Its actually a rented house but I wanted to be sure before I hit the landlord with the bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There's a load of the cs250's with that problem and aritech are refusing to admit that it's an inherent problem with the panels.

I replaced two panel last month alone with that very same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

There's a load of the cs250's with that problem and aritech are refusing to admit that it's an inherent problem with the panels.

I replaced two panel last month alone with that very same problem.

Can the panels be replaced or is it discontinued?
    If it can be replaced how much does that cost?

The 250's are either discontinued or about to be. The HKC 1070 is the best all round panel out there and the price you were quoted is a good price. I would get it replaced.

The 250's are either discontinued or about to be. The HKC 1070 is the best all round panel out there and the price you were quoted is a good price. I would get it replaced.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

stuartkee wrote: »
    Rumours aren't fact . So i wouldn't be saying anything. Sure rumors have it you work for GSD...

I am happy to clarify I don't. Perhaps someone can clarify the HKC rumors. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Perhaps someone can clarify the HKC rumors. :)

I will, from what I have being told changes are on the way.
    Not sure of the finer details yet but new plans are to be added.

• Advertisement

So , are you clarifying there is an increase in the price or there is no increase in the price.?:confused:

So , are you clarifying there is an increase in the price or there is no increase in the price.?:confused:

Have a NDA in place :p

New plans being added, dont have all the details till its officially released.

altor wrote: »
    I will,

Your clarification you were happy to clarify isn't very clear is it.
    I would take if from that there is a price increase on the way. If there wasn't you would be quoting me all over the place denying it.

NDA was a joke ;)
    Its you who uses that line on here :D
    Your clarification you were happy to clarify isn't very clear is it.
    I would take if from that there is a price increase on the way. If there wasn't you would be quoting me all over the place denying it.
    New plans being added, dont have all the details till its officially released.

I dont have all the details as I have said.

I will

I dont have all the details

Do you feel you are making sense here?

I revert to my original statement. I have heard from multiple people within the industry that there is an increase in HKC subscription for the use of their app. Lots of people in the know have heard this. I'm surprised that you haven't.
    Anyway, hopefully someone in the know will clarify one way or the other.

Do you feel you are making sense here?

I revert to my original statement. I have heard from multiple people within the industry that there is an increase in HKC subscription for the use of their app. Lots of people in the know have heard this. I'm surprised that you haven't.
    Anyway, hopefully someone in the know will clarify one way or the other.

Nothing has being released officially.
    HKC rumors. :)

I have said from the start it was a rumour. You were the one who came on saying you will clarify it.
    I have to say going by your responses here it's looking more likely to be true.

I have said from the start it was a rumour. You were the one who came on saying you will clarify it.
    I have to say going by your responses here it's looking more likely to be true.

Like I have said, its a change in plans is what I have being told.

Advertisement