Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Demark

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Egginacup wrote: »
    So why aren't all the whites, hispanics, blacks and Asians in North America living in teepees then and paying homage to the eagle and buffalo gods

Because they are colonialists who imposed their culture on the original inhabitants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

alwald wrote: »
    A bizarre answer from somebody who likes "logic"

Your original point doesn't stand

Quote: alwald
    Jews lived for centuries in the Arab world (and still do) without any issues?

It's the "and still do" which is almost beyond satire.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

jank wrote: »
    It's a pity that Islam still think it's the middle ages.

Islam is a human being?

I've heard it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Egginacup wrote: »
    So why aren't all the whites, hispanics, blacks and Asians in North America living in teepees then and paying homage to the eagle and buffalo gods

Speaking of buffalo gods, how about providing some evidence for that afghan pipeline story you were spinning on the other islam vs free speech thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Unfortunately where-ever Islam goes, disaster isn't long following it, as adherants, regardless of how few in number, try to impose their outlook violently on others.

There are many good Muslims, I have no doubt about that, but not for anything related to their religion. Islam on the otherhand has next to nothing to redeem itself.

And the only way to defeat this scourge is constant criticism of the religion, not its followers, many of who follow without questioning, their ancestors "converted" under the kind of force and duress we are seeing today displayed by ISIS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Because they are colonialists who imposed their culture on the original inhabitants?

just like islam in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

Saipanne wrote: »
    Do gooders, please choose your response here:

Guys, cant you all see that this is our fault? []

It's their culture! []

Stop being racist against a belief! []

Tick the box, as appropriate.
    You missed a few:

Israel is an apartheid state! Zionists are the new Nazis rabble rabble rabble. []

You should feel enriched by all this new culture []

Whatabout the Catholic Church? []

There's no such thing as inferior cultures, even when it can be proven that there are []

If you disagree with you're a fascist/racist/xenophobe/Islamophobe/(insert epithet here []

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Your original point doesn't stand

Quote: alwald
    Jews lived for centuries in the Arab world (and still do) without any issues?

It's the "and still do" which is almost beyond satire.

I am worried about your knowledge about how many Jews live in the Arab/Muslim world and how safe they are there since for many its their home country(ies)....document yourself further.

Generally the Jews have survived under the protection of western leaning dictators or relatively moderate Muslim leaders. I think there still is Jewish communities in Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, North Africa and less so elsewhere. Its when radicals take over, imposing the 7th century version of Islam that problems begin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

This video sums up perfectly what is going to happen infuture unless European Government tackles immigration and clamps down hard on Islamic Fundamentalists. I do not consider Islam to be a religion rather to be a cult of hatred supported by the Gulf terrorist states of Saudi Arabia and Qatar, a religion does not instruct to its believers to kill the infidel. Islam is not compatible with western freedoms and values and these values are more important than any religious freedom.

The next 50 years will resemble something out of the Dark ages unless moves are made very soon to tackle the scourge of Islamic Fundamentalism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Gatling wrote: »
    Wait till they ban Oktoberfest

They'll unfurl those Swastikas in a heartbeat.

• Site Banned Posts: 96 ✭✭engineerbrah

I like how everyone is allowed to hate on Muslims here and mods do nothing about it but criticise the Jews you'll get the anti-Semitic card shoved down your throat and a nice 1 month ban.
    Any Muslim/Arab hatred of the Jews is a direct result of the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians in modern day Israel which only happened not so long ago. Tens of thousands of people killed and a whole nation displaced from their homeland and you think it's unjust of them to hate on Jews?

You people disgust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

DeadHand wrote: »
    Think we're finally getting to the point where even the most stubborn apologist cannot argue that Islam isn't incompatible with Western values.

Ironic this crime occurred at a debate. Sadly, it seems that Islam's main tool for debate is a gun. It's main method of expansion is physical force.

Yeah, you're criticising the minority there allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I like how everyone is allowed to hate on Muslims here and mods do nothing about it but criticise the Jews you'll get the anti-Semitic card shoved down your throat and a nice 1 month ban.
    Any Muslim/Arab hatred of the Jews is a direct result of the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians in modern day Israel which only happened not so long ago. Tens of thousands of people killed and a whole nation displaced from their homeland and you think it's unjust of them to hate on Jews?

You people disgust me.

I will replace the word Jews by Israel as people might dislike/disagree/ or even hate Israel for their crimes as a nation but let's not put all the Jews in the same basket, the same goes to Muslims/Arab.

You people disgust me.

I don't hate Muslims, I hate Islam. In a free country, people should be free to hate what they want. You can't force anyone to like anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stunmer

Who hates muslims?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

You people disgust me.

I don't see many people who hate Muslims here. I see people who are afraid the spread of Islam in Europe will reduce their freedom and negatively impact people's lifestyles.
    Agree with them or not, but it is a different thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I don't hate Muslims, I hate Islam. In a free country, people should be free to hate what they want. You can't force anyone to like anything.

People do have the right to hate whatever they want to. The problem is that people are using freedom of speech to spout hateful, bigoted, racist crap and it's being used by fanatics as an excuse to kill. I can't feel any sympathy for the Charlie Hebdo 'victims', they made a living peddaling hate and it bit them in the ass. I'm not in any way condoning violence or murder. But lets keep it in context. If someone went down to their local pub every weekend making racist, bigoted remarks and trying to offend people, well eventually someone would knock them on their arse.

Casual racism, anti-semitism and anti-Islam is being bandied about as if it's acceptable, a lot of that is down to Charlie Hebdo and their ilk. Just because people have the legal right to freedom of speech doesn't mean that the hateful sh*te that they spout should be acceptable to wider society. Social media is full of this nonsense and it's shocking at how fast it's become acceptable and how much of it is being shared.

• Site Banned Posts: 96 ✭✭engineerbrah

stunmer wrote: »
    Who hates muslims?

Read through the thread and see the anti-Muslim comments. And if you really want to know who is bringing us the joys of multiculturalism to Europe watch this video:

"there is no place in modern Europe for ethnically pure states. That's a 19th century idea, and we are trying to transition into the 21st century, and we are going to do it with multiethnic states."
    General Wesley Clarke - US Army

Source: ww w.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publish/tsc0904/article_805_printer.shtml

How about the people of Europe get to decide what's best for them?

People do have the right to hate whatever they want to. The problem is that people are using freedom of speech to spout hateful, bigoted, racist crap and it's being used by fanatics as an excuse to kill. I can't feel any sympathy for the Charlie Hebdo 'victims', they made a living peddaling hate and it bit them in the ass. I'm not in any way condoning violence or murder. But lets keep it in context. If someone went down to their local pub every weekend making racist, bigoted remarks and trying to offend people, well eventually someone would knock them on their arse.

Casual racism, anti-semitism and anti-Islam is being bandied about as if it's acceptable, a lot of that is down to Charlie Hebdo and their ilk. Just because people have the legal right to freedom of speech doesn't mean that the hateful sh*te that they spout should be acceptable to wider society. Social media is full of this nonsense and it's shocking at how fast it's become acceptable and how much of it is being shared.

The Charlie Hebdo cartoonists also hated Islam not Muslims. Do you understand the distinction.

Do you also understand that Islam is an ideology? Do you understand that it is a human right to criticise any ideology.

I'm guessing you are left wing. I'm guessing also you think its ok to criticise failed ideologies such as communism and nazism but not the equally failed ideology of Islam.

In other words I am proud to criticise what I like, and make no apologies to anyone about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

I can't feel any sympathy for the Charlie Hebdo 'victims', they made a living peddaling hate and it bit them in the ass.

That really is one of the most depressing viewpoints I've read on here for a while, particularly the use of inverted commas.

I think you are completely wrong about what Charlie Hebdo stood for, but I'll leave it there because this has already - rather like Chab and Co. - been done to death.

I can't feel any sympathy for the Charlie Hebdo 'victims', they made a living peddaling hate and it bit them in the ass.
    No sympathy for people being killed for drawing satire?
    I
    Casual racism, anti-semitism and anti-Islam is being bandied about as if it's acceptable, a lot of that is down to Charlie Hebdo and their ilk.

Anti Islam is perfectly acceptable. Just like anti any religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Why do the media always refer to the "prophet" Mohammad"but never to "The lord and saviour Jesus Christ" or any other "elevated status - religious figure"?

Subliminal conditioning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

bjork wrote: »
    Why do the media always refer to the "prophet" Mohammad"but never to "The lord and saviour Jesus Christ" or any other "elevated status - religious figure"?

Subliminal conditioning?

Yeah they were all put through basic training at a madrassa in Sudan.

Christ means "chosen one". Its not the last name of Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I can't feel any sympathy for the Charlie Hebdo 'victims', they made a living peddaling hate and it bit them in the ass. I'm not in any way condoning violence or murder. But lets keep it in context. If someone went down to their local pub every weekend making racist, bigoted remarks and trying to offend people, well eventually someone would knock them on their arse.

Were quotation marks around the word victim really necessary? These people were killed for drawings.

With regards to your second point, the had issues with other religions as much as Islam and have expressed them throughout their careers. No one "eventually knocked them on their arse" (as you describe it) in the name of the Christianaty or Judaism.

Read through the thread and see the anti-Muslim comments.

I have been following this thread and don't recollect any instances of people hating Muslims.

Maybe I have missed those posts. Can you please provide the examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Casual racism, anti-semitism and anti-Islam is being bandied about as if it's acceptable
    • Racism is behavior based on someone's DNA.
    • Anti-semitism is one specific flavour of racism, not to be confused with criticism of the Israeli state and the misbehaviours of the IDF.
    • Please explain how Islam is a race. I have criticised Catholicism in the past and I will in the future; likewise for the fundamentalist US Christians. And I see no difference between these and Islam. They are all based on the idea that some sky-fairy is wonderful, and my version happens to be better than yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Nodin wrote: »
    Yeah they were all put through basic training at a madrassa in Sudan.

Christ means "chosen one". Its not the last name of Jesus.

Thanks for the explanation Nodin.

Totally missed the point but good attempt at being witty and educational at the same time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Read through the thread and see the anti-Muslim comments. And if you really want to know who is bringing us the joys of multiculturalism to Europe watch this video:

Watch out, the Jew's are gonna get ya! Wait, whats that under my bed? A JEW! AAAAAAAAARGH (cue music from the Alien series) !

Honestly, I never cease to be amused by the kind of anti-semitic nonsense that occasionally pops up round these parts be it 'The Holocaust never happened' or 'The Jews are running the world banks'. In a way its quite impressive that despite the arrival of new ethnic and religious groups to Europe, hard-line nativist sentiment is still able to pen all the troubles of the world on the Jews.

Heres a tune, just for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

The gloves have to come off. Islamic fundamentalists need to be smashed into the ground. There has to be no mercy.

Advertisement