Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Demark

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Defender OF Faith

bpmurray wrote: »
    Please explain how Islam is a race...
    When Islam is spoken of in the context of Immigration & Multiculturalism you make it sounds like Islam is a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

What we in the west are experiencing in terms of terrorism is just a tiny fraction of what people are experiencing in Syria, Iraq, Northern Nigeria and elsewhere. Lets not forget those other victims of this ideology. And don't let anyone tell you Islam itself is not to blame, it is. Its a major cause of the problems. This ideology is dangerous and as sinister as facism in my view. In fact there are many similarities between the two, particularly their view of Jews and ethnic and religious minorities as well as homosexuals and anyone who doesn't conform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Sad to see so many people so misguidedly believing that peddaling hate under the guise of freedom of speech is acceptable. I wonder how many of you rushed out to try to get a copy of the Charlie Hebdo magazine the week after the event. Ordering 3 million copies of a magazine that usually only sells 60,000, thus cashing in on the deaths of colleagues, now that is not only depressing, it is obscene.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

old_aussie wrote: »
    The rest of the world can get along, it appears islam will never be able to get along with the rest of the world.

Looks like islam cannot even get along with itself, one example shia - sunni, so that leaves little chance of islam getting along with the rest of the world.

Except the rest of the world or perhaps the head honchos of the "western world" can't get along with anybody whose economies they want to control. Can't get along with Russia, Venezuela, china, North Korea, Syria, etc. There seems to be no problem with the muslim countries of Egypt, Kuwait or the wahabbi scum who rule Saudi Arabia with an iron fist. You can see the pampered teenage cousins of princes drag racing in Lamborghinis and Maybachs in Jeddah while people are eating out of garbage cans.

People keep harping on about Islam being a religion of the dark ages with no hint of irony that the dark ages was a period in European history when progressive thinking was throttled at the behest of christian superstition. During this time the advances in science, art, literature, mathematics, architecture, technology and philosophy were flourishing in the Muslim lands of the middle east, while in Europe we were living in forests and wiping our arses with leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sad to see so many people so misguidedly believing that peddaling hate under the guise of freedom of speech is acceptable. I wonder how many of you rushed out to try to get a copy of the Charlie Hebdo magazine the week after the event. Ordering 3 million copies of a magazine that usually only sells 60,000, thus cashing in on the deaths of colleagues, now that is not only depressing, it is obscene.

Thinking that a few badly drawn cartoons in CH was "pedalling hate" is a bit obscene if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Egginacup wrote: »
    So why aren't all the whites, hispanics, blacks and Asians in North America living in teepees then and paying homage to the eagle and buffalo gods

Although I see where you're going with it, the analogy isn't entirely accurate as that was a land grab, not a cultural assimilation. The Indian tribes are categorised as dependent nations, and make their own laws in a manner similar to the States. The analogy is the claim that muslims wish to set up enclaves of sharia law in the countries in which they settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

What we in the west are experiencing in terms of terrorism is just a tiny fraction of what people are experiencing in Syria, Iraq, Northern Nigeria and elsewhere. Lets not forget those other victims of this ideology. And don't let anyone tell you Islam itself is not to blame, it is. Its a major cause of the problems. This ideology is dangerous and as sinister as facism in my view. In fact there are many similarities between the two, particularly their view of Jews and ethnic and religious minorities as well as homosexuals and anyone who doesn't conform.

Syria, Iran, Nigeria etc are a warning to us in Europe who are only so far experiencing pin prick attacks of what is store for us all unless we crush Islamic extremism totally and without mercy in Europe RIGHT NOW before we are also consumed by this cancer.

This is no time for naive pacifism as if these subhuman animals are capable of reason or being negotiated with.

They need to be wiped out.

Otherwise this tumor will grow and grow and grow and future generations will curse us just as we curse those who appeased Hitler when the reality of his evil was as plain as day.

When Islam is spoken of in the context of Immigration & Multiculturalism you make it sounds like Islam is a race.

When Islam is "spoken"?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Except the rest of the world or perhaps the head honchos of the "western world" can't get along with anybody whose economies they want to control. Can't get along with Russia, Venezuela, china, North Korea, Syria, etc. There seems to be no problem with the muslim countries of Egypt, Kuwait or the wahabbi scum who rule Saudi Arabia with an iron fist. You can see the pampered teenage cousins of princes drag racing in Lamborghinis and Maybachs in Jeddah while people are eating out of garbage cans.

People keep harping on about Islam being a religion of the dark ages with no hint of irony that the dark ages was a period in European history when progressive thinking was throttled at the behest of christian superstition. During this time the advances in science, art, literature, mathematics, architecture, technology and philosophy were flourishing in the Muslim lands of the middle east, while in Europe we were living in forests and wiping our added with leaves.

Well firstly, I'm not sure I've met anyone who bangs on about how much they love Saudi Arabia and how great a country it is - if anything it seems to be the elephant in the room that cannot be ignored and is at best nodded and smiled at.

Also just historically speaking, the Dark Ages of Europe weren't exactly that Dark, heck for Eastern Europe it was the zenith of the Byzantine Empire, agricultural innovations meant lands which were considered barren in Roman times could now be brought under cultivation whilst maritime navigation began to advance in leaps and bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stunmer

But it's still not a race and never will be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

When Islam is "spoken"?

What?

He sais 'When Islam is spoken of.'

As in, when somebody speaks about Islam.

Syria, Iran, Nigeria etc are a warning to us in Europe who are only so far experiencing pin prick attacks of what is store for us all unless we crush Islamic extremism totally and without mercy in Europe RIGHT NOW before we are also consumed by this cancer.

This is no time for naive pacifism as if these subhuman animals are capable of reason or being negotiated with.

They need to be wiped out.

Otherwise this tumor will grow and grow and grow and future generations will curse us just as we curse those who appeased Hitler when the reality of his evil was as plain as day.

As I said in earlier posts, its not possible to kill all terrorists. Its not possible to deport all terrorists and its especially not possible to reverse multi culturalism or deport all muslim adherants, not that I would want that in any case.

Its the underlying ideology that needs to be taken on, questioned, criticised.

That guy in Denmark could have killed dozens and intended to.

How many more victims of this dangerous ideology will there be before we do something?

To those who claim it is racism to despise Islamism i.e. political Islam and Islamic fundamentalism maybe you should read the interview with a former member of ISIS in today's Sunday Independent? Many of the most crazy Islamic fanatics the man describes are in fact Europeans who had no Muslim background who converted to Islam. These maniacs are the guys who are cutting off heads. Many of them French, German, Irish and so on. At least 40 Irish are believed to be in Syria and they operate alongside Chechens as the most brutal of the ISIS fanatics. The Chechens are not Arabs but are blue eyed and fair haired and pale skinned Caucasians just like us.
    These Chechens have turned up Afghanistan and Iraq and Bosnia and Albania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

To those who claim it is racism to despise Islamism i.e. political Islam and Islamic fundamentalism
    Not sure anyone would claim that, just that it's racist to despise all each and every muslim ever (which it is).

And what about the people of Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Morocco? If Islam is such the thuggish cult that you say it is then why is a quarter of the planet's population adherents to this psychotic ideology?
    I don't know if you are aware of this but there are gangs of extremist Buddhist monks marauding around Myanmar slaughtering innocent people. Shouldn't this be on the news too and shouldn't we be scoffing at those who have the cheek to call Buddhism a peaceful enlightened set of beliefs? Because it strikes me that nobody wants to step back and take stock of their own woefully poor grasp of history and their staggering arrogance, ignorance and hypocrisy.

As I said in earlier posts, its not possible to kill all terrorists. Its not possible to deport all terrorists and its especially not possible to reverse multi culturalism or deport all muslim adherants, not that I would want that in any case.

Its the underlying ideology that needs to be taken on, questioned, criticised.

That guy in Denmark could have killed dozens and intended to.

How many more victims of this dangerous ideology will there be before we do something?

Nazism was defeated when millions of Nazis were killed and the rest cowed into submission through sheer terror. The reason Nazi Germany is now multi-cultural liberal democratic Germany today is because former Nazis told their kids and grandkids and greatgrand kids what happened to them during the war and Germany has behaved itself for the past 70 years.

The reason Japan gave up Bushido and imperialism is because the US carpet bombed every major Japanese city into ashes and burned Japanese men women and children to death en masse. The most pacifist nation on earth to day is arguably Japan. They are so cowed that Japanese men spend most of their time masturbating to computer girlfriends and a large minority of Japanese women in their twenties are virgins.

I pray the West does not have to the same to the Muslim world but if the appeasement does not stop then a Third World War is a certainty in the 21st century.

And what about the people of Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Morocco? If Islam is such the thuggish cult that you say it is then why is a quarter of the planet's population adherents to this psychotic ideology?
    I don't know if you are aware of this but there are gangs of extremist Buddhist monks marauding around Myanmar slaughtering innocent people. Shouldn't this be on the news too and shouldn't we be scoffing at those who have the cheek to call Buddhism a peaceful enlightened set of beliefs? Because it strikes me that nobody wants to step back and take stock of their own woefully poor grasp of history and their staggering arrogance, ignorance and hypocrisy.

The Buddhists extremists in Myanmar should be exterminated without mercy just like the Islamists. An international force should go in there and kill them all. But of course nothing will be done. Westerners will just sign petitions and have die in protests. They don't want boots on the ground to stop these fanatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

And don't let anyone tell you Islam itself is not to blame, it is. Its a major cause of the problems. This ideology is dangerous and as sinister as facism in my view. In fact there are many similarities between the two, particularly their view of Jews and ethnic and religious minorities as well as homosexuals and anyone who doesn't conform.

Wow, ignorance of what you are talking about is a big issue here, did you read the coran? Can you prove anything of what you are saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

Not sure anyone would claim that, just that it's racist to despise all each and every muslim ever (which it is).

No, it's not. Muslims are not a race. Islam is an ideology. Racism doesn't not apply to adherents of an ideology.

Communism is also an ideology. Is despising communists racism? Of course not, that would be very silly.

• Site Banned Posts: 96 ✭✭engineerbrah

Watch out, the Jew's are gonna get ya! Wait, whats that under my bed? A JEW! AAAAAAAAARGH (cue music from the Alien series) !

Honestly, I never cease to be amused by the kind of anti-semitic nonsense that occasionally pops up round these parts be it 'The Holocaust never happened' or 'The Jews are running the world banks'. In a way its quite impressive that despite the arrival of new ethnic and religious groups to Europe, hard-line nativist sentiment is still able to pen all the troubles of the world on the Jews.

Heres a tune, just for you!
    You think you're so smart don't you. Who do you think is moving ethnic groups across the globe? Do you think Roma gypsies came to Ireland off their own back? Seriously? You do realise the paperwork and legal issues involved in moving to another country and you think ethnic minorities are doing this all by themselves? The reality of the situation is that there are systematic programmes in place to dilute ethnically pure states.

I know you probably watch a lot of Hollywood films and Politically correct TV so you think your generation is the enlightened one, but no listen to your elders (I'm 21 but listen to what my Grandfather's generation says). They know more about life than you do. They are portrayed as bigots and silly religious people in the media but in reality they are the ones with wisdom.

Ashkenazi Jews who make up 85% of the global Jewish population today are not descendants from Israel, they are of Khazar origin who converted to Judaism around 1100AD. The real Jews (the ones with brown skin) are dispersed all across the middle East and North Africa and have been caught up in this whole mess, through no fault of their own.

REVELATION 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

Ashkenazi Jews by their own admission are Esau Edomites from Idumea - both biblically and historically. Their ancestry can be traced all the way back to Cain, which is why they carry the demon seed. They are anti-Christian (Atheism propaganda) and anti-White (multiculturalism).

GENESIS 4:11-12 After Cain killed his brother Abel, God declared to Cain, "Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth"

Hence the term "the wandering Jew", who never engaged in Agriculture or manual labour even to THIS DAY.

The fact that Israel as a state exists today must scream out to some of you the importance of this land. The anti-christ is in the holy land and we are in end times.
    The goal is to destroy the hebrew people descended from Shem, the son seeds of Jacob....the true Israelites.

Daniel 2:43-45 YASHAYA MASHYACH WILL BE BACK SOON ...BABYLON THE GREAT MELTING POT (AKA AMERICA) WILL BE DESTROYED

• Advertisement

alwald wrote: »
    I am worried about your knowledge about how many Jews live in the Arab/Muslim world and how safe they are there since for many its their home country(ies)....document yourself further.

Didn't the Muslims fight to the death protecting the Jews of Jerusalem, Tripoli and Damascus during the Crusades?

Turkey is or tries for the most part to be a secular democracy. They completely rejected islam as a significant part of their consitution although its slowly creeping back in. In other words the Turks recognised islam for the evil it is.

Iran or Saudia Arabia are better examples of where Islam is more influential in government. We see how they have turned out.

Nazism was defeated when millions of Nazis were killed and the rest cowed into submission through sheer terror. The reason Nazi Germany is now multi-cultural liberal democratic Germany today is because former Nazis told their kids and grandkids and greatgrand kids what happened to them during the war and Germany has behaved itself for the past 70 years.

The reason Japan gave up Bushido and imperialism is because the US carpet bombed every major Japanese city into ashes and burned Japanese men women and children to death en masse. The most pacifist nation on earth to day is arguably Japan. They are so cowed that Japanese men spend most of their time masturbating to computer girlfriends and a large minority of Japanese women in their twenties are virgins.

I pray the West does not have to the same to the Muslim world but if the appeasement does not stop then a Third World War is a certainty in the 21st century.

We saw what bombing muslims did in Iraq and elsewhere. It simply does not work, is completely counter productive and gives them an even bigger cause to fight for. Waste of time.

You think you're so smart don't you. Who do you think is moving ethnic groups across the globe? Do you think Roma gypsies came to Ireland off their own back? Seriously? You do realise the paperwork and legal issues involved in moving to another country and you think ethnic minorities are doing this all by themselves? The reality of the situation is that there are systematic programmes in place to dilute ethnically pure states.

Right I'm going to enjoy myself here and let loose. First off, Roma gypsies moving to Ireland? Well I dunno, I suppose I always presumed that they hard things like cars and airplanes in Romania and seeing as the Roma community is spread across the borders of several Eastern European states, that the idea of moving to another country isn't that out of the ordinary, especially considering so many of their national peers are moving across the EU for economic reasons - but no I'm seeing it now, its FAR more likely that they stood around waiting for a bunch of Jews to come and do their paperwork because that makes sense and of course being Roma they are unfamiliar with the concept of writing...
    I know you probably watch a lot of Hollywood films and Politically correct TV so you think your generation is the enlightened one, but no listen to your elders (I'm 21 but listen to what my Grandfather's generation says). They know more about life than you do. They are portrayed as bigots and silly religious people in the media but in reality they are the ones with wisdom.

Actually I tend not to watch Hollywood films, they largely approach history with a very 'theatrical' mindset that doesn't value accuracy. It's a small quibble of mine having spent the best part of a decade engaging in historical research and working with professional academics - but then again truth be told, my grandparents must have forgotten to give me the 'Jews run the world' life lesson...

Also, angry right-winger aged late-teens to late-twenties, convinced that the rest of the world consisted of deluded idiots; are you trying to be a parody, is this a joke I'm not getting?
    Ashkenazi Jews who make up 85% of the global Jewish population today are not descendants from Israel, they are of Khazar origin who converted to Judaism around 1100AD. The real Jews (the ones with brown skin) are dispersed all across the middle East and North Africa and have been caught up in this whole mess, through no fault of their own.

Ashkenazi Jews actually make up 75% of the global Jewish population, but actually make up a little under half the Israeli Jewish population, with most of the other half being Sephardic Jews, a term we traditionally use in place of 'the ones with brown skin'. As for their origins ethnic or otherwise, I fail to see how that bears any relevance to Israel or its actions.
    REVELATION 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

Ashkenazi Jews by their own admission are Esau Edomites from Idumea - both biblically and historically. Their ancestry can be traced all the way back to Cain, which is why they carry the demon seed. They are anti-Christian (Atheism propaganda) and anti-White (multiculturalism).

GENESIS 4:11-12 After Cain killed his brother Abel, God declared to Cain, "Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth"

Hence the term "the wandering Jew", who never engaged in Agriculture or manual labour even to THIS DAY.

The fact that Israel as a state exists today must scream out to some of you the importance of this land. The anti-christ is in the holy land and we are in end times.
    The goal is to destroy the hebrew people descended from Shem, the son seeds of Jacob....the true Israelites.

Daniel 2:43-45 YASHAYA MASHYACH WILL BE BACK SOON ...BABYLON THE GREAT MELTING POT (AKA AMERICA) WILL BE DESTROYED

Well thank goodness you've arrived to save the day, I'm sure this is exactly what we need to deal with the book waving radicalised-Islamists constantly banging on about how their religious faith is pure and how they have a divine mandate to, oh wait a minute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

angry right-winger aged late-teens to late-twenties, convinced that the rest of the world consisted of deluded idiots; are you trying to be a parody, is this a joke I'm not getting?
    :pac:
    I'll *really* be astonished if he's a fan of those hardline PUA psychos.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Defender OF Faith

What fantasy world are you living on! 3rd world war? against who? the developed western and American super-powers Vs the still developing Muslim world? and what about the 6.6% or ~100M Muslims living in Europe and America? a Muslim holocaust to dispose of them and the dangerous Ideology and religion which you hate but they profess maybe?

There are 7 'Muslim world' countries which ironically enough include SA which to you may appear as the centre of Islamic fundamentalism, participating currently in the US-lead coalition against ISIS. They are fighting the same terrorism and fundamentalism you wish to fight.

Generally the Jews have survived under the protection of western leaning dictators or relatively moderate Muslim leaders. I think there still is Jewish communities in Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, North Africa and less so elsewhere. Its when radicals take over, imposing the 7th century version of Islam that problems begin.

Iran actually has the largest population of Jews in the region outside of Israel. One would think that all that rubbish about Ahmedinejad and the ayatollahs aiming to "wipe Israel off the map and kill all Jews" would have started with a campaign of genocide at home first. Strange how the Jews of Iran love their Persian homeland and frequently rail against headbangers like Netanyahu when he rants like an unhinged lunatic against Iran in "the name of Jews worldwide".

:pac:
    I'll *really* be astonished if he's a fan of those hardline PUA psychos.

To be fair, I mock but really I should be more understanding. Mid-teens to late-twenties is usually the part of persons life where mental illness starts to emerge and become present, particularly things like psychosis which involves paranoid delusions of having enemies, being one of the few people 'in the know' and anticipation of a coming 'great struggle'. In other-words, its about the time when people 'discover' (or rediscover) their faith or start to adopt more hard-line political opinions or just go plain crazy. I think its one of the reasons I follow debates like this - I like the idea of trying to smack some sense into people like that and trying to shake them out of these delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I wonder how many of you rushed out to try to get a copy of the Charlie Hebdo magazine the week after the event. Ordering 3 million copies of a magazine that usually only sells 60,000, thus cashing in on the deaths of colleagues, now that is not only depressing, it is obscene.

What do you suggest they should have done?

That magazine has existed for decades. Everyone in France knew the work of the cartoonists and many people wanted to show support and make a statement that things should keep going after the attack. Should they have said "no more copies than usual"? Then would you have honestly not instead accused people who bought these rare copies (which would have gone for thousands of euros on ebay) to try to make a profit out of people's death?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Spare a thought for this guy.

Advertisement