Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Demark

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

K4t wrote: »
    Maybe take your grievances and personal problems to the Marriage referendum forum?

Sorry, I am not indulging your obsession here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94319833&postcount=530

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

reprise wrote: »
    :confused:

You seem quite obsessed with ignoring reasonable replies to you.

You quoted me, and I replied to you, and I explained why I think you are wrong. Then you retreated to these nonsensical and random posts about indulging my obsession..:confused:

You edit you posts faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100m! Yes, I suggested you quote those you think are at ease with violence rather than making generalisations about other posters. And perhaps criticise them and question them on their violent beliefs, if you are able.
    reprise wrote:
    There are posters to these threads that are quite at ease with violence.

You seem quite obsessed with ignoring reasonable replies to you.

You quoted me, and I replied to you, and I explained why I think you are wrong. Then you retreated to these nonsensical and random posts about indulging my obsession..:confused:

Your original point was off topic soap boxing, factually wrong and inappropriate for the thread. Please stop derailing the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Bob24 wrote: »
    I would definitely agree with this if we were talking about the world before globalisation kicked-in. But Islam is not foreign to Europe anymore.
    Many European countries have between 5 and 10% Muslim population, and the ratio is growing steadily. A city like Marseille is forecasted to have a majority Muslim population in a not so distant future.

Islam definitely shouldn't be considered as something foreign to Europe.
    How do you explain the muslim/islamic gangs wandering around london trying to impose sharia law? Sure, given enough of them this will become an islamic state. Are you comfortable with that?
    I'm not. Why? Because i like it here. I like my booze. I like my women. Etc etc.
    Islam is the opposite of globalism from what i see. They want it their way and their way alone.
    That is the opposite of multiculturalism no matter what way you look at it.
    So, do we want multiculturalism? Or do we want an islamic state? That's the future i forsee for this country. One or the other.

• Advertisement

Your original point was off topic soap boxing, factually wrong and inappropriate for the thread. Please stop derailing the thread.

Oh wow. This is priceless. I made a suggestion to you after you made a generalisation about other posters being 'at ease with violence', without showing ANY evidence in the form of quotes.

You then quoted a post I made in reference to something else, and when I replied to you, you starting making nonsensical posts about 'indulging my obsession'!

Oh wow. This is priceless. I made a suggestion to you after you made a generalisation about other posters being 'at ease with violence', without showing ANY evidence in the form of quotes.

I could spend weeks quoting shinnerbots.
    You then quoted a post I made in reference to something else, and when I replied to you, you starting making nonsensical posts about 'indulging my obsession'!

Again, your original point was off topic, soap boxing, factually wrong and inappropriate for the thread. Please stop derailing the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Islam definitely shouldn't be considered as something foreign to Europe.

Islam is a highly geographically contextualized religion. Byzantine Christianity , Coptic Christianity -in addition to various reformations in Europe show that the Christian religion can be syncretic with local belief systems and still retain it's character. Many (most?) Muslims would claim that you cannot understand the Qur'an without understanding Arabic (Christopher Hitchens once said that this must mean God is a monoglot) and vernacular translations are unacceptable. Like all religions it is makey uppey. But it's spread on the wings of Arabian peninsular Imperial expansion, and it's use as the moral and ethical justification for the political expansion of various early Arabian Caliphates (many historians argue it was concocted and proselytized for this very purpose) , not to mention it's unreformed nature over the centuries means that Islam really is a medieval desert religion and mode of thought. Islam in a European 21st century secular urban environment is an idea seriously out of it's original context. The two just don't go together. I'm not saying 'kick out the Mooslims', just noting on the oddness of observing such a faith in an environment that totally contradicts the tenants of Islam.

I hold all Abrahamic religions to be fundamentally silly and enemies of all of our freedom, but I hold Islam to be the silliest and most reactionary of the lot. It is an idea and value system that is very definitely foreign to Europe. Very many Muslims think they can bend the will of European values, and too many people on the unthinking post-modern liberal left are all too eager to help them for some reason.

I could spend weeks quoting shinnerbots.
    :confused: What?! And not to mention, more accusations of other posters without any evidence or even an argument. You are real classy my friend.
    reprise wrote:
    Again, your original point was off topic, soap boxing, factually wrong and inappropriate for the thread. Please stop derailing the thread.
    Your post:
    reprise wrote:
    There are posters to these threads that are quite at ease with violence.
    My reply:
    K4t wrote:
    Then quote them and criticise or question them.
    What the hell is wrong with that?! And how is it any of the things you mentioned? Also, my post quoting you was part of a longer post. You really need to take a break from the internet my friend. You are the only one derailing this thread.

:confused: What?! And not to mention, more accusations of other posters without any evidence or even an argument. You are real classy my friend.

Your post:My reply:What the hell is wrong with that?! And how is it any of the things you mentioned? Also, my post quoting you was part of a longer post. You really need to take a break from the internet my friend. You are the only one derailing this thread.

Here ya go:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057367896

• Advertisement

Err, thanks..I hope you voted yes on the poll! Cya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Yurt! wrote: »
    Islam is a highly geographically contextualized religion. Byzantine Christianity , Coptic Christianity -in addition to various reformations in Europe show that the Christian religion can be syncretic with local belief systems and still retain it's character. Many (most?) Muslims would claim that you cannot understand the Qur'an without understanding Arabic (Christopher Hitchens once said that this must mean God is a monoglot) and vernacular translations are unacceptable. Like all religions it is makey uppey. But it's spread on the wings of Arabian peninsular Imperial expansion, and it's use as the moral and ethical justification for the political expansion of various early Arabian Caliphates (many historians argue it was concocted and proselytized for this very purpose) , not to mention it's unreformed nature over the centuries means that Islam really is a medieval desert religion and mode of thought. Islam in a European 21st century secular urban environment is an idea seriously out of it's original context. The two just don't go together. I'm not saying 'kick out the Mooslims', just noting on the oddness of observing such a faith in an environment that totally contradicts the tenants of Islam.

I hold all Abrahamic religions to be fundamentally silly and enemies of all of our freedom, but I hold Islam to be the silliest and most reactionary of the lot. It is an idea and value system that is very definitely foreign to Europe. Very many Muslims think they can bend the will of European values, and too many people on the unthinking post-modern liberal left are all too eager to help them for some reason.

I agree with most of what you wrote there.

But it doesn't contradict the fact that in 2015 Islam is part of Europe's demography and growing fast. Difficult then to call it foreign.

shedweller wrote: »
    How do you explain the muslim/islamic gangs wandering around london trying to impose sharia law? Sure, given enough of them this will become an islamic state. Are you comfortable with that?
    I'm not. Why? Because i like it here. I like my booze. I like my women. Etc etc.
    Islam is the opposite of globalism from what i see. They want it their way and their way alone.
    So, do we want multiculturalism? Or do we want an islamic state? That's the future i forsee for this country. One or the other.

I said Islam is not foreign to Europe as in the Muslim population of Europe is about 5% (and probably higher in Western Europe). And if the curent trend continues the proportion will double in 15-20 years. Just being pragmatic here, obviously not implying that of has always been the case or that there are no contratictions between Islam and what modern European society.

I personally don't believe if full blowed multiculturalism as I don't see how bringing the whole world (and its conflicts and differences, which there are many of) in a single country and within a single authority can result in anything else than civil wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

nokia69 wrote: »
    Islam definitely should be considered as something foreign to Europe.

yup, islam is foreign to europe and has always been...

Just saw news saying the killer was known of Danish intelligence services and flagged as "at risk of falling into religious radicalism".

The story is really getting more and more similar to the Paris one (at a smaller scale).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

There are 3 or 4 super anti-Islam/anti-Muslims posters here, there is no need to debate with them since all they do is writing simple sentences without argumentation or any valid points......I rather leave them here to debate amongst themselves.

Wurzelbert, nokia69 and reprise are in the top 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    yeah, incl. mbts in afghanistan...but never had a colony in the muslim world as far as i am aware...

Why does having a colony matter? They are deemed to have interfered where they were not wanted.. Just like the French, British, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, the yank warmongers, Spanish, etc'.

Is it okay for the west, led by the British and US, to interfere in Middle Eastern politics and economics? No, it is not. No amount of bull**** reasoning can explain their behaviour or make it acceptable.

The above countries and many more are simply reaping what they have sown.. I'd imagine it's gonna get worse before it gets better, which is what the yank warmongers want so they can perpetuate their war on terror.

You poke a bog dog in the eye and it bites.. only an idiot would be surprised when the dog bites! Why are these people surprised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

alwald wrote: »
    There are 3 or 4 super anti-Islam/anti-Muslims posters here, there is no need to debate with them since all they do is writing simple sentences without argumentation or any valid points......I rather leave them here to debate amongst themselves.

a few years ago I used to get into very long debates on the issue, but these days I don't really see the point

all the evidence is there for people to make up their own minds, but some people need more evidence than others

unfortunately things will need to get far worse in Europe before some elements of the left wake up to whats happening

there are none so blind as those who will not see

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Cisco100

There is a huge difference between being anti Islam and anti Muslim.

I have some muslim friends but I find Islam disgusting. Have you read the Quran? Sure most Muslims are not extreme...however....Do you know the percentages of Muslims that support the extreme acts carried out?

I do believe this acts of violence are waking people up. If you check the parties (formally called fringe far right parties by the mainstream left wing media) in countries such as France, Sweden, the Netherlands and so on...they really are gaining traction. I've checked recent polls in all these countries and many parties that are anti Islam will probably win or hold the balance of power in the next respective election in their country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Hoop66

shedweller wrote: »

They are mostly the invention of the Daily Mail or some such rag.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Cisco100

Hoop66 wrote: »
    They are mostly the invention of the Daily Mail or some such rag.

So...you're denying them or not denying them or just smearing the previous poster's remarks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Cisco100 wrote: »

I have some muslim friends but I find Islam disgusting
    Just so to be clear, not liking Islam is one thing, spreading lies about Islam is something else, the latter is what is used in these threads and its what I refer to, go and read my posts in the Islam section and see for yourself what I think about parts of Islam as a religion, I criticized a lot without being a complete racist as I engaged in a constructive debate as opposed to spreading lies.
    Have you read the Quran? Sure most Muslims are not extreme...however....Do you know the percentages of Muslims that support the extreme acts carried out?
    Have you read the Coran yourself? if yes please quote what you don't like and then we can have a debate.

Do you know the percentage yourself? any reliable source/article to share with us here?
    I do believe this acts of violence are waking people up. If you check the parties (formally called fringe far right parties by the mainstream left wing media) in countries such as France, Sweden, the Netherlands and so on...they really are gaining traction. I've checked recent polls in all these countries and many parties that are anti Islam will probably win or hold the balance of power in the next respective election in their country

Yes I am well aware about these parties and the polls, now what are they really offering? why are they favorite to win?

they are favorite to win because Europe is going through a deep recession, people have lost the trust of the current parties, will the far right change the recession and bring prosperity? the answer is no, so what's their selling point? being anti-Islam and anti-immigration.

knowing that they can't change the recession they target to most sensitive subject, Islam and immigration, grand so, most muslims in Europe are European by birth, nobody can remove their citizenship, so what the Far right parties are going to do? destroy mosques? ban praying? not give them a job? disallow them from their rights as citizens to social welfare? ban the veil? ban the beard? what are they going to do? do they have a strategy?

well if they do what I think that they are going to do then we will go into a massive discrimination about a group of EU citizens, a group that are already facing a lot of discrimination and that can only lead to a chaos, violence, hate, high level of crime related to race or religion.

What do you think?

daUbiq wrote: »
    Why does having a colony matter? They are deemed to have interfered where they were not wanted.. Just like the French, British, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, the yank warmongers, Spanish, etc'.

Is it okay for the west, led by the British and US, to interfere in Middle Eastern politics and economics? No, it is not. No amount of bull**** reasoning can explain their behaviour or make it acceptable.

The above countries and many more are simply reaping what they have sown.. I'd imagine it's gonna get worse before it gets better, which is what the yank warmongers want so they can perpetuate their war on terror.

You poke a bog dog in the eye and it bites.. only an idiot would be surprised when the dog bites! Why are these people surprised?

a very simplistic and monocausal view...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    a very simplistic and monocausal view...

The west led by the US flattened Iraq and left a power vacuum when they left. The US (CIA) encourage a rebellion in Syria, effectively helping Al Queida establish a foothold there. ISIS then take control of parts of Syria... ISIS then proceed to conquer Iraq when previously Saddam would have stopped any such nonsense.

I lay the blame on the US primarily but ISIS will attack anyone they see as US allies. Is Ireland an ally of the US?

I don't see the causes as being very complicated; US foreign policy is terrible, the US and it's allies caused the entire mess.

daUbiq wrote: »
    The west led by the US flattened Iraq and left a power vacuum when they left. The US (CIA) encourage a rebellion in Syria, effectively helping Al Queida establish a foothold there. ISIS then take control of parts of Syria... ISIS then proceed to conquer Iraq when previously Saddam would have stopped any such nonsense.

I lay the blame on the US primarily but ISIS will attack anyone they see as US allies. Is Ireland an ally of the US?

I don't see the causes as being very complicated; US foreign policy is terrible, the US and it's allies caused the entire mess.

yeah right, because history began in 2003...but never mind...

[...]
    Have you read the Coran yourself? if yes please quote what you don't like and then we can have a debate.
    [...]

why would we want to debate the word of allah? it is there as it is written in the quran (yes, i own a copy) and that is clear enough for me. surely the lord would be able to make himself understood in any language and also by laymen...all the endless apologetic waffle by some muslim zealots and propagandists around here is pathetic and at the same time pointless to argue with...waste of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have some muslim friends but I find Islam disgusting. Have you read the Quran? Sure most Muslims are not extreme...however....Do you know the percentages of Muslims that support the extreme acts carried out?

I do believe this acts of violence are waking people up. If you check the parties (formally called fringe far right parties by the mainstream left wing media) in countries such as France, Sweden, the Netherlands and so on...they really are gaining traction. I've checked recent polls in all these countries and many parties that are anti Islam will probably win or hold the balance of power in the next respective election in their country.

the bible is just as bad as the Koran.

And it's worth remembering that over the last few years attacks by Christian extremists have killed more in Europe.

There were German serial killers who targeted Muslims.
    And lets not forget Brevik who's committed the worst atrocity since the Madrid bombings. He claimed he was defending Christian Europe.

I'm not saying Islam is perfect, it's far, far from it but the fact is that all extremism is bad. Christianity, Islam etc... they are all abused by the more fanatical of their adherents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Just saw news saying the killer was known of Danish intelligence services and flagged as "at risk of falling into religious radicalism".

What they're saying now is that the man was known to police, not intelligence, and was a small-time gangster.

So for the majority of ordinary Muslims who just want to mind their families and live a decent life, this is nothing to do with them.

What they're saying now is that the man was known to police, not intelligence, and was a small-time gangster.

Reputable French newspaper definitely says here that Danish intelligence services (PET) have confirmed the killed had been flagged to them in September 2014 by prison authorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Hoop66

So...you're denying them or not denying them or just smearing the previous poster's remarks?

I was simply answering the question, although I suspect it may have been rhetorical.

Advertisement