Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Demark

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

nokia69 wrote: »
    thats NOT democracy

thats muslims moving to an area and changing it without asking the local people if they agree
    You said they were on a council and voted changes and then the locals voted them out. All democratic.
    You said they owned a football club and made changes to their football club. All perfectly legal.

Where's the forcing at gunpoint here exactly?

If you're so concerned about drug deaths in denmark then go start a thread on that subject. Otherwise quit it with the whataboutery.
    I don't really care about it that much. I do care that people blow so much hot air about World War 3 after a couple of shootings when it really means next to nothing in an overall Europen or global context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Dan_Solo wrote: »

Where's the forcing at gunpoint here exactly?

WOW are you serious

read the thread title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

There is a problem with islamic fundamentalism. A serious problem.
    But why do people keep blaming all muslims for it? I mean, a lot of the victims of this fundamentalism are actually also muslims.

Because a lot of people are plain thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I don't really care about it that much. I do care that people blow so much hot air about World War 3 after a couple of shootings when it really means next to nothing in an overall Europen or global context.

Yeah Isis are no problem at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You seem to be the one most guilty of hyperbole on this thread. Deflection, whataboutery, hyperbole, what's the next tactic to try and shut down discussion?

WOW are you serious

read the thread title
    WOW.
    I was responding to some situations detailed by another poster, so the shooting itself.
    Try to follow the conversation next time before wading in, eh?

Yeah Isis are no problem at all.
    What's my likelihood of being killed by ISIS do you think?
    Zero?
    Soooo worried about ISIS!
    How's your bunker coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Henry9

What's my likelihood of being killed by ISIS do you think?
    Zero?
    Soooo worried about ISIS!
    How's your bunker coming along?
    I don't think you can keep this up.

WOW.
    I was responding to some situations detailed by another poster, so the shooting itself.
    Try to follow the conversation next time before wading in, eh?

you are claiming that its all democratic and that muslims cause no problems

none of these changes are democratic, few people in Denmark or the rest of Europe want to change their countries because of islam

when they don't get what they want some muslims start killing people this is a serious problem and its only going to get worse

you will deny it and bury your head in the sand but thats the way it it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

bjork wrote: »
    Whats a couple of hundred murders, a few embassies burning and a few shootings in cartoonists offices between friends, eh?
    Ugh, so he personally and others who condone such things are directly responsible for all of those things? That kind of thinking helps nobody in the long run.
    When is he travelling back to the Lebanon, Egypt and Syria to whip up a storm for his new enlightened theory?
    He doesn't need to. And he shouldn't be on trial for not doing so. Nor should he be on trial for inciting hatred against the west or against those expressing their right to free speech in criticising Islam.

The problem, the single biggest problem, is the western media and its apologists in governments and elsewhere. Islam should be torn to shreds after events like this, as well as before it and long after it. As should Christianity and Judaism and so on. Going after Islamic fundamentalists or whoever for only inciting hatred is the exact wrong way to bring about change. Arrest individuals for murder and physical attacks. And do not hide or ignore Islam, do not silence the debate with accusations of religious intolerance and islamophobia or blasphemy.

you are claiming that its all democratic and that muslims cause no problems

none of these changes are democratic, few people in Denmark or the rest of Europe want to change their countries because of islam

when they don't get what they want some muslims start killing people this is a serious problem and its only going to get worse

you will deny it and bury your head in the sand but thats the way it it
    I never said no Muslim caused any problems? Care to quote me on that? Nope, not a chance.
    The post I responded to (did you follow the thread properly yet) was about a local council with Muslims on it that were voted in and then voted out.
    Sounds suspiciously democratic, with all that voting?

I never said no Muslim caused any problems? Care to quote me on that? Nope, not a chance.
    The post I responded to (did you follow the thread properly yet) was about a local council with Muslims on it that were voted in and then voted out.
    Sounds suspiciously democratic, with all that voting?

I'd say is about as democratic as lutfur rahman and what goes on in tower hamlets

I bet the Danes living in an area with a muslim controlled council really love it

Henry9 wrote: »
    I don't think you can keep this up.
    Nah, I can do logic all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

K4t wrote: »
    Ugh, so he personally and others who condone such things are directly responsible for all of those things? That kind of thinking helps nobody in the long run.

He doesn't need to. And he shouldn't be on trial for not doing so. Nor should he be on trial for inciting hatred against the west or against those expressing their right to free speech in criticising Islam.

The problem, the single biggest problem, is the western media and its apologists in governments and elsewhere. Islam should be torn to shreds after events like this, as well as before it and long after it. As should Christianity and Judaism and so on. Going after Islamic fundamentalists or whoever for only inciting hatred is the exact wrong way to bring about change. Arrest individuals for murder and physical attacks. And do not hide or ignore Islam, do not silence the debate with accusations of religious intolerance and islamophobia or blasphemy.

He did not only condone them, he instigated the whole thing about cartons , traveled internationally to drum up support, and look where Denmark is now. Just because you bring him to trial does not mean you ignore the perpetrators of the murders. They are different crimes.That'd be like arresting the foot soldiers in the mafia and ignoring the bosses and that the mafia exists.

I'd say is about as democratic as lutfur rahman and what goes on in tower hamlets

I bet the Danes living in an area with a muslim controlled council really love it
    They voted them in and voted them back out again because they didn't like them.
    "I'd say" traditionally means "I don't know at all" BTW.

K4t wrote: »
    That is enough for me; that his mind has potentially been changed. It's sad that it took murder (not committed or caused by him) to make that happen, but it is a good thing overall. If only now we can change the minds of others without the need for the bloodshed.

Figured I'd go back to the last reasonable post with a real debating point before one person started in with the strawmen, whataboutery, hyperbole and deflection.

I think it's positive that he's sorry but in the circumstances it would be helpful if he was more vocal about it given the trouble his stirring caused originally. It simply isn't good for muslims themselves if they continually butt up against freedom of speech, either they change or they're continually going to be getting angry about something or other. They need to accept that sometimes they are going to feel offended and that that's a part of life in the west and just get used to it.

Figured I'd go back to the last reasonable post with a real debating point before one person started in with the strawmen, whataboutery, hyperbole and deflection.
    If that's you're way of conceding you lost that argument then your graciousness in defeat in welcome.

If that's you're way of conceding you lost that argument then your graciousness in defeat in welcome.

Not only did I not lose, you've already conceded that all you've got is strawmen, whataboutery, hyperbole and deflection and people only use those tactics when they know they've lost. The only tactic you've got left is to try and tie up the thread with useless gabble and waste peoples time, quite like EOTR does. Anyone with a bit of common sense should realise at this stage that you're a busted flush and ignore you.

Care to guess how many so called Syrian refuges are actual Isis fighters coming over and forming cells ? or is that just made up hysteria ?

• Advertisement

Not only did I not lose, you've already conceded that all you've got is strawmen, whataboutery, hyperbole and deflection
    Here's where you will quote where I conceded this...
    Oh wait, you didn't. I wonder why? Mysterious, eh?

Care to guess how many so called Syrian refuges are actual Isis fighters coming over and forming cells ? or is that just made up hysteria ?
    Why, are you going to guess too or do you have actual numbers to go with that Islamoterror World War 3 prophecy?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Here's where you will quote where I conceded this...
    Oh wait, you didn't. I wonder why? Mysterious, eh?
    because he's making it all up as per usual with the likes of him

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Why, are you going to guess too or do you have actual numbers to go with that Islamoterror World War 3 prophecy?

Ah I see, Then all the beheading video's declaring war on the west mass murders and all that must be made up. I would wager the number is in the Thousands. Considering it would be hard to separate them from genuine refugees due to the numbers Millions displaced not hundreds of thousands, Millions.

Ah I see, Then all the beheading video's declaring war on the west mass murders and all that must be made up. I would wager the number is in the Thousands.
    Is that stronger evidence than "I'd say" and "I guess" or even "I've a feeling in me water"?
    I care that some dude in a desert 10,000 miles away is declaring war on me is Armageddon now for what reason exactly could you tell us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

bjork wrote: »
    He did not only condone them, he instigated the whole thing about cartons , traveled internationally to drum up support, and look where Denmark is now. Just because you bring him to trial does not mean you ignore the perpetrators of the murders.
    We should use all of that as evidence of how dangerous Islam can be, of how dangerous religious indoctrination can be, and how important it is to be allowed to freely criticise both of those things without the fear not of being murdered, but of being labelled as Islamophobic or Blasphemous or Intolerant or even Racist by religious and non-religious alike.
    They are different crimes.That'd be like arresting the foot soldiers in the mafia and ignoring the bosses and that the mafia exists.
    What he did should not be viewed as a crime punishable now by the state. The crime that should be punishable by the state was the murder. France embarrassed itself after Charlie Hebdo by the arrests it made for social media comments in support of the attacks. That is just as dangerous as, if not more so, than 12 journalists being murdered for expressing their right to free speech.

Is that stronger evidence than "I'd say" and "I guess" or even "I've a feeling in me water"?
    I care that some dude in a desert 10,000 miles away is declaring war on me is Armageddon now for what reason exactly could you tell us?

30 people from Ireland are already over fighting for Isis or in Syria or did they make that up to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Henry9

Nah, I can do logic all day.
    Logic? LOL. The problem is you went too stupid too early. You didn't allow the thread to build any momentum before you started posting batsh1t crazy stuff.
    Still, if it's any consolation you probably won't have long to wait until the next 'Shooting at xxxx' thread.

30 people from Ireland are already over fighting for Isis or in Syria or did they make that up to ?
    Get back to me about your World Islamoterror War 3 Armageddon when 30 Syrian ISIS fighters come to Ireland, OK?
    If anything we should be delighted they've gone to Syria, yes?

• Advertisement

Henry9 wrote: »
    Logic? LOL. The problem is you went too stupid too early. You didn't allow the thread to build any momentum before you started posting batsh1t crazy stuff.
    Still, if it's any consolation you probably won't have long to wait until the next 'Shooting at xxxx' thread.
    Hmmm, couldn't actually address any of the content of my posts... suspiciously like incapable of doing so... yes, let's go with that.

Advertisement