Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Demark

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Tugboats wrote: »
    Carnival cancelled in Germany due to threat of attack. First cartoons now carnivals do muslims find everything offensive?

Wait till they ban Oktoberfest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Following the attack, Netanyahu is again calling for jews of Europe to emigrate to Israel. Recently, French jews have been emigrating at a rate never seen before.

I am OK not to put all muslims in the same basket. But at a macro level, it is pretty difficult to deny that in Europe one religious minority which has been here for a very long time is shrinking because it is afraid, and another one which has been around for a few decades is growing very fast and is a large part of the reasons the other one is shrinking and afraid.

Not sure what to think of this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

reprise wrote: »
    Porsche959 is on leave.

If by "on leave" you mean "banned for sending abusive" PMs than yes, yes he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Following the attack, Netanyahu is again calling for jews of Europe to emigrate to Israel. Recently, French jews have been emigrating at a rate never seen before.

I am OK not to put all muslims in the same basket. But at a macro level, it is pretty difficult to deny that in Europe one religious minority which has been here for a very long time is shrinking because it is afraid, and another one which has been around for a few decades is growing very fast and is a large part of the reasons the other one is shrinking and afraid.

Not sure what to think of this ...

Ah, for some reason,you won't find much sympathy here for the most persecuted group of people in human history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

DeadHand wrote: »
    If by "on leave" you mean "banned for sending abusive" PMs than yes, yes he is.

Ohhh, I do appear to have misssed some fireworks...

• Advertisement

We need to acknowledge that this is the inevitable consequence of muslim immigration.

The Poles aren't launching religious war, neither are the Chinese, Nigerians (except in their own country) nor Indians.

So if this was about racism, people would be equally critical of all "non-native" communities.

Pointing out that this is due to muslims is not racist, it's acknowledging truth, even if it may be inconvenient for some.

Of course to appease the petty people, I must add the obvious caveat that it is a tiny minority of muslims, and point out that two of my best friends are muslims. But the fact is that if you have 1 million muslim immigrants then the tiny unhinged part of that community are FAR more likely to commit terrorist acts than the other communities I mentioned above. Do you want support for this? Then look at the news, and what happened in Ontario, Denmark, Sydney, Paris etc.

Think we're finally getting to the point where even the most stubborn apologist cannot argue that Islam isn't incompatible with Western values.

Ironic this crime occurred at a debate. Sadly, it seems that Islam's main tool for debate is a gun. It's main method of expansion is physical force.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Think we're finally getting to the point where even the most stubborn apologist cannot argue that Islam isn't incompatible with Western values.
    Not not not not not sorry I lost count. Could you cancel some of them nots out please and try again?

Pointing out that this is due to muslims is not racist, it's acknowledging truth, even if it may be inconvenient for some

Criticising Islam/Muslims can never be racist since Islam/Muslim isn't a race.

A fact lost on some of our more worthy apologists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Tugboats wrote: »
    Carnival cancelled in Germany due to threat of attack. First cartoons now carnivals do muslims find everything offensive?

Link?

It looks in full swing from my pals photos. Where exactly is it cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Is it just me or there is a lot of generalisation and hurried conclusions here? All of a sudden there are experts that trow a lot of nonsense in this forum.....and why Jews are attacked knowing that Jews lived for centuries in the Arab world (and still do) without any issues?

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Link?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31477237

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Not not not not not sorry I lost count. Could you cancel some of them nots out please and try again?

Sentence made perfect sense.

Sad to see you faring so badly in the argument that you've been reduced to personalised nitpicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Link?

Germany: Braunschweig parade off over 'terror threat'
    The parade - a well-known regional attraction - was cancelled only 90 minutes before it was due to start.

"Many people arriving at the train station were already dressed up and very disappointed - but we didn't want to take any risks," police spokesman Thomas Geese was quoted as saying.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31477237

Link?

http://www.bild.de/news/inland/terrorwarnung/terror-gefahr-karnevals-umzug-abgesagt-39779774.bild.html

12:43
    N. German town cancels parade over ‘Islamist terror threat’

A carnival parade in Braunschweig, northern Germany, has been cancelled a few hours before the start as police cites a “specific Islamist terror threat”. "Reliable state security sources have made it known that a concrete threat of attack with an Islamist background exists," authorities said in a statement. Authorities appealed to the carnival participants not to visit the planned route of the carnival parade and avoid travelling to Braunschweig. Some 250,000 people were expected to take part in the parade.

[link to rt.com]

alwald wrote: »
    Is it just me or there is a lot of generalisation and hurried conclusions here? All of a sudden there are experts that trow a lot of nonsense in this forum.....and why Jews are attacked knowing that Jews lived for centuries in the Arab world (and still do) without any issues?

The Jews are persecuted massively in the Arab world, a persecution that is spreading to Europe on the back of mass immigration and the rapid growth here of militant Islam.

The Jews are persecuted massively in the Arab world, a persecution that is spreading to Europe on the back of mass immigration and the rapid growth here of militant Islam.
    Any link to support your claim? Did it happen in the last centuries? Were Jews persecuted in Europe in the last centuries? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdBMXTd0DfI

Any link to support your claim? Did it happen in the last centuries? Were Jews persecuted in Europe in the last centuries? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdBMXTd0DfI

On Antisemitism in Europe:
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/07/antisemitism-rise-europe-worst-since-nazis
    In summary there at 5 to 10 times more anti-Semite incidents than in the 90s.

Also I don't think anyone can deny that there have been 3 clear categories of targets in recent muslim fundamentalist attacks: representatives of the State (especially police and military), media and public figures who's editorial line is not of the liking of the attackers, and jews.

The first one (and possibly the second one) are fairly common targets for terrorist groups. The last one is very specific.

Sentence made perfect sense.

Sad to see you faring so badly in the argument that you've been reduced to personalised nitpicking.
    I don't disagree, it didn't not make perfect sense.
    Now, there's been Muslims here for years with no problems at all. Why have you decided the cultures are incompatible just now? TBH there's probably less Muslim v Christian warfare than at any stage in the last 1000 years.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/07/antisemitism-rise-europe-worst-since-nazis

Also I don't think anyone can deny that there have been 3 clear categories of targets in recent muslim fundamentalist attacks: representatives of the State (especially police and military), media and public figures who's editorial line is not of the liking of the attackers, and jews.

The first one (and possibly the second one) are fairly common targets for terrorist groups. The last one is very specific.
    Any breakdown on how many of those antisemitic attacks were by neo Nazis? Where do we deport those to again?

• Advertisement

I don't disagree, it didn't not make perfect sense.

Keep digging ;-)

Keep digging ;-)
    Don't keep not digging surely? ;-)

Did you read my questions? I specifically said in the Arab/Muslim world...I can give you tons of articles about hate crimes against all religions in Europe....weird that Jews are attacked in Europe and not in the Muslim/Arab world don't you think?

The difference is that Europe had left anti-Semitism behind after the horrors of the holocaust were revealed to the world, whereas it continued in the Middle East and has started increasing again in the last few years after muslim immigration started reaching critical mass levels.

Any breakdown on how many of those antisemitic attacks were by neo Nazis? Where do we deport those to again?

We don't deport them (nor will we deport people like the Paris attackers), but we should deal with them.

Now, I didn't see any evidence from your side showing that the massive increase of incidents is the last few years are due to a rise of neo-nazis all over Europe.

We both know the motives of the perpetrators will be difficult to find in official stats.
    Having said that, this report (and I am sure other from various sources can be found) mentions that the events in the Israel-Palestine conflict generate significants peeks of incidents. I doubt neo-nazis are at work during these.

The difference is that Europe had left anti-Semitism behind after the horrors of the holocaust were revealed to the world, whereas it continued in the Middle East and has started increasing again in the last few years after muslim immigration started reaching critical mass levels.

Wouldn't agree that Europe has or ever will leave anti-Semitism behind it but it is clear that rising and increasingly belligerant Muslim populations have started a vicious new cycle of it.

Imported Islamic intolerance is combining with the native anti-semitism that was always present. The result? An exodus of ancient communities of Jews from Europe not seen since the 1930s.

One largely ignored by the media since the Jews tend to be hardworking, law abiding and successful, get ignorantly but freely conflated with the actions of Israel and could, therefore, never become a pet minority of the Left.

We don't deport them (nor will we deport people like the Paris attackers), but we should deal with them.

Now, I didn't see any evidence from your side showing that the massive increase of incidents is the last few years are due to a rise of neo-nazis all over Europe.

We both know the motives of the perpetrators will be difficult to find in official stats.
    Having said that, this report (and I am sure other from various sources can be found) mentions that the events in the Israel-Palestine conflict generate significants peeks of incidents. I doubt neo-nazis are at work during these.
    A long winded "I have no idea".

A long winded "I have no idea".

I have to admit your "you have no idea" post I was replying to was shorter and quoting less sources.

Anyhow, I will stop here before a mod rightly mentions not to get personal.

You'd happily live as a Jew in Iran? In Iraq? Syria? Egypt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You'd happily live as a Jew in Iran? In Iraq? Syria? Egypt?
    You'd need to edit Iran out of that, Jews are well respected and even have a reserved seat in parliament.

There was a memorial to Iranian Jewish soldiers killed in action unveiled recently.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/12/18/iran-unveils-a-memorial-honoring-jewish-heroes/

Advertisement