Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi 2 no DD or DTS

Options
  • 14-02-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hi, looking for a bit of a steer..

I just got a Raspberry Pi 2, installed the latest OpenELEC/Kodi on it, wireless Logitech keyboard, wired Ethernet, HDMI cable to my Sony STR-DA1200ES and HDMI from the Sony to my TV.

Everything worked as expected Except no DD or DTS on movie output.
    I've enabled audio passthrough on the Pi but I just get a loud click when a movie with say DTS sound starts, then no sound at all. When I disable audio passthrough I just get sound through the TV speakers.....but not what I'm looking for!

Am I missing something obvious here ?

The amp and TV are probably 6/7 years old now,

It's like the amp is routing the picture correctly but not decoding the digital audio

Any ideas ?

Rgds
    Aidoaidan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Aidans wrote: »
    hi, looking for a bit of a steer..

I just got a Raspberry Pi 2, installed the latest OpenELEC/Kodi on it, wireless Logitech keyboard, wired Ethernet, HDMI cable to my Sony STR-DA1200ES and HDMI from the Sony to my TV.

Everything worked as expected Except no DD or DTS on movie output.
    I've enabled audio passthrough on the Pi but I just get a loud click when a movie with say DTS sound starts, then no sound at all. When I disable audio passthrough I just get sound through the TV speakers.....but not what I'm looking for!

Am I missing something obvious here ?

The amp and TV are probably 6/7 years old now,

It's like the amp is routing the picture correctly but not decoding the digital audio

Any ideas ?

Rgds
    Aidoaidan

Be interested to know myself before I take the plunge.

How are you finding the RPi 2 so far? Is it much nippier ?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aidans

yea - its nice and fast - no problems with speed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aidans

Solved - bought an HDMI to HDMI/fibre converter - connected fibre to AV amp - job sorted!

Advertisement