Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC Irish

Options
  • 14-02-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

My Irish teacher is really bad and we learnt pretty much nothing in 1st and 2nd year. What do you think I should do?

We have our oral on the 28th and we've done extremely little work on it. For the Agallamh do they have a set of questions, that they can ask or can they be anything?

And also do we need to know the Modh Conniolach and the Tuiseal Ginideach? We have not done any work on them at all.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 padman1234

Well you should expect questions to do with your:
    -Family (describe your brother/sister, how many in your family, be able to talk about your family basically)

-Area (facilities in your area, problems in your area, talk about your house, what do you think of your area,etc),

-Hobbies (any sports/hobbies you do, do you go to any clubs, go to training, if so what nights, etc)

- Do you have any pets? Talk about a pet.

more things like that basically. That's not everything but its a good start. Its he major topics anyway.

As to the Modh Coniollach, you wouldn't really need it for your oral. I have my JC oral early March and I'm not preparing the modh coiniollach for it (we haven't even learned it in class yet). If you wanted you could work it into some of your answers. Eg, you could say that you "would buy a ____ for your room if you had the money" or something if you were talking about your house: things like that. Although its not needed, it could be a good way to earn extra points.

Anyway I hoped I helped!
    -Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

I ddi my oral last year and on examinations.ie there are sets of questions likely to be asked!! If you were smart like me I learned something off about the gaeltacht and when they mentioned anything about Irish or friends I brought it up!! Dont sound tok mechanical though.. :)

Advertisement