Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

00 flour in supermarkets

• 14-02-2015 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if 00 flour is stocked in any of the main supermarkets

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Not sure about the main supermarkets (though I think I remember someone saying that Tesco stock it).
    But, if you are Dublin take a trip over to Little Italy in Smithfield, a short walk from Luas stop where the have 00 flour and other Italian flours, pizza kits and a general selection of all foods italian.

One of my favorite artisan shops anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I think it's one of those annoying ones that depends on the crowd that use your supermarket & whether they are likely to buy 00 flour. I've seen it in different Supervalus & Tescos but not consistently. Tesco used to have it in their 'Ingredients' range labelled as pasta flour and I've seen Roma Typo 00 flour in a few different Tescos (all in Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Don't think so. In Cork I get mine in the italian wholesaler in togher.

http://www.theboot.ie/index.php/about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have seen it in tesco, not always in the baking section though, could be in one of these world food sections or with the pasta. Its getting ridiculous these days. I have also seen it in a butchers and in a fishmongers. Many of them have started stocking more premium ingredients like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If you're in Cork you can get it in Delitaly on Marlboro Street https://www.facebook.com/delitalyCork - it was down the very back on the left by the counter.

They also have (or had before Christmas) some packs of it in Marcellos in Douglas - I presume it was for sale rather than some kind of decoration but I didn't actually check.

In both places the brand was Caputo.

I'm also convinced I've seen it somewhere else recently but for the life of me I can't think where it was but I have a feeling it was either Tesco in Douglas or Supervalu in Merchants Quay.

Actually, just looking at the Delitaly facebook page they have a pic of the flour https://www.facebook.com/delitalyCork/photos/a.471216779624322.1073741828.468767639869236/638470806232251/?type=1&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks lads

Got some in Togher but will check out Marlboro street next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Andip wrote: »
    Thanks lads

Got some in Togher but will check out Marlboro street next week

I can't go over to togher place too often, end up buying half the shop. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 locom

Found some "00" flour yesterday at:

IAGO
    9,Princes Street
    Cork

Advertisement