Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing an account

Options
  • 14-02-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. I would like if anyone can assist me in this:

My Bank of Ireland account have been blocked for several months because It doesn´t receive more funds anymore. I was working for an Irish company before, so this is Why I needed to create one account in this bank in the first place. But right now I am no longer an employee of this company anymore and I am living abroad therefore I would like to finally close my bank of Ireland account.

I would like to write a letter to dubling airport branch (Where I create my account) but I would like to ask: Do I need to provide them with all my personal data? (like pin number?) and does It have to be a handwritten letter?

Many thanks for the answers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Viena wrote: »
    Hello. I would like if anyone can assist me in this:

My Bank of Ireland account have been blocked for several months because It doesn´t receive more funds anymore. I was working for an Irish company before, so this is Why I needed to create one account in this bank in the first place. But right now I am no longer an employee of this company anymore and I am living abroad therefore I would like to finally close my bank of Ireland account.

I would like to write a letter to dubling airport branch (Where I create my account) but I would like to ask: Do I need to provide them with all my personal data? (like pin number?) and does It have to be a handwritten letter?

Many thanks for the answers.
    Hi Viena, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

To close the account from abroad you can send a written signed request by letter to your branch. You do not need to include your PIN in the letter, your account number will be sufficient.

If you have a balance left in your account, please advise the branch what to do with the funds in the letter. 

If you want to have the balance to be issued to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made payable to.

If you would like to have the balance transferred to a replacement account, you should include the details of the beneficiary account i.e. IBAN & BIC.

Contact details for your branch can be found here. 

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement