Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue Tax Refund sent to closed BOI account

Options
  • 14-02-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi, 

The Revenue have incorrectly sent a tax refund I was due to an old account they had on file for me. The account was a BOI current account that I closed about a year ago. The amount of the transfer was approx €120.

I was just wondering what is going to happen with this? Will it bounce back to Revenue or will I need to give BOI my details to arrange to get the funds?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Billy Davey, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Once the bank account is fully closed, the refund should bounce back to the sender within 5 working days. In the meantime, we would suggest that you contact the sender directly and provide them with your up to date account details to assist them with a successful refund. 

We hope this helps and if there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement