Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone has virus?

Options
  • 15-02-2015 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I keep getting notifications coming up on my mobile that there are viruses on my phone..does anyone know what I should do to get rid of them or can you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I keep getting notifications coming up on my mobile that there are viruses on my phone..does anyone know what I should do to get rid of them or can you?

What phone is it and what's the notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Huawei Acsend-it says 'your Huawei Ascend is badly affected with Viruses' or something along those lines. It says to press OK to get rid of them but it won't work..

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Huawei Acsend-it says 'your Huawei Ascend is badly affected with Viruses' or something along those lines. It says to press OK to get rid of them but it won't work..

Is it when you're on certain websites? I'd download an anti virus. I use avg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'd download malwarebytes off the play store and run a scan. When it finds the virus it will give you the option to delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

More than likely an app you've recently installed is pushing those 'virus' ads to send you to a download link.

Check what recent apps you've installed since its being happening and just delete the non big name company ones.

Try screenshot the screen when the virus notification comes up.
    And you could screen shot your recent installed apps too.
    Help here might be able to tell you what apps you should remove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Would that get rid of anything off my phone like memory or anything..or do anything bad?

Advertisement