Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architectural Technology - Further Study Options?

• 15-02-2015 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

I have a B.Sc (Hons) in Architectural Technology, qualifying initially in 2007 with the ordinary degree, before returning to study the higher degree add-on to make it a level 8 qualification, graduating in 2011.

I have 5 years full time experience in either architectural or related work, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to work in this field until I retire.

I am trying to look at what possible options are open to me, without the need to going back to do 4 full time years of education, it's simply a cost and time measure I cannot afford. I have tried researching this and end up getting a bit muddled and lost. Ideally I'd like to switch field, and do a (taught) masters, part time. I understand there may be a conversion course I may need to do, again hopefully part time, for a year prior to embarking on masters.

Are there any users out there who were in this field and successfully changed, or in the process of, or thinking about it, who could shed some light on my options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

What area would you like to get in to? What sort of work would you like to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Therein lies the problem... I'm not really sure! I know isn't very helpful. I'm kinda thinking I'd like to see what options are realistically available to me, and see if any of those appeal to me.

I like drawing work, but not all the bull**** that comes along with it, so a clean break from construction industry might be a good thing. Learning to do 3D modelling on a computer would be pretty cool and something that really interests me. I'm not sure if that's graphic design or not... but I think not.

Advertisement