Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Camelot Hotel, Malahide rd/Clarehall/ Belcamp Dublin

Options
  • 15-02-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone very clearly know anything about the history of this hotel which was built onto a private dwelling house on The Grove in late 1960s, eg the owner Adam Farrelly? Why did it go downhill and who burnt it down in early 1980s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

As far as I remember it was still open in the mid 90's, was a right dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ah Tiffaney's Nightclub

where bouncers had a guard dog and even the DJ was beaten up...the good old days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

My first job at the age of 14 was in the Camelot as a lounge boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CuriousCaro

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    My first job at the age of 14 was in the Camelot as a lounge boy.

Hi there.....could we speak? Did you work for the Farrelly family ie were they owners then?

Riskymove wrote: »
    ah Tiffaney's Nightclub

where bouncers had a guard dog and even the DJ was beaten up...the good old days

Do you remember what years that was.......? And when it burnt down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

My mothers wedding reception was there in the late 70's

My mothers wedding reception was there in the late 70's

Thanks very much.........so it was a nice place back then......what happened??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Thanks very much.........so it was a nice place back then......what happened??
    Ill ask her and get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fdela

i Danced most weekends in the Camelot hotel when Mr Farley was manager many moons ago park lane great spot my friend Jackie /Kate Bush worked as a lounge girl she was 16 back then then as far as I no Christy Kelly bought it took it over and Tiffany.s night club and he also ran a Monday night 21club was a great place I have photos only of my friends taken inside the club fast Eddie did the Karaoke back then I'm the 90's hope this helps . . Another great club was the Clare Manor hotel not to far only 10 drive which was burned down in the 80.s terrible same as both hotels were fantastic and missed by our community

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beachbuggy68

Hi I worked there for many years
    And id be happy to help with info

• Advertisement

Hello BeachBuggy - just seeing your message.....yes I would love to chat....how do you suggest? thanks very much

Hi Fdela - was it Al or Adam Farrelly you knew?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beachbuggy68

Does anyone very clearly know anything about the history of this hotel which was built onto a private dwelling house on The Grove in late 1960s, eg the owner Adam Farrelly? Why did it go downhill and who burnt it down in early 1980s?

Not sure how to go about contacting you
    Maybe your email or phone no

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is this a compo thread?

Not sure how to go about contacting you
    Maybe your email or phone no

do you want to give me your number and I can call you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 p1959

Are you still looking for information on the camelot hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tracey Cooney

Hi wondering if anyone can help me please. My granda was Adam Farley who owned the Camelot Hotel unfortunately I never met him and iv heard great stories good and well no so good. I’m looking to hear from anyone who has any information u no he had a accountant think her name was Marion and a manager called Ann if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Petrol Head_Pilot

Does anybody have any pictures of the Camelot Hotel? At 36 years of age I'm obviously too young to have been there but over the last few days I have been talking about it with family and friends as work is again being carried out where the hotel once was.

It's not for any particular reason, I'd just like to see if any old photographs exist. I live close by and I've noticed machines in the back on the old road.

I did Google but nothing much seems to come up as obviously they didn't have smartphones back then ����

Advertisement