Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help in explanation of an ICB report

Options
  • 15-02-2015 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I am about to apply for a mortgage and ordered an ICB report to see what would come up for me. It shows two credit cards, one for 1K and a student one for €500 both
    from 2011.
    There were delayed payments on these cards, but I eventually paid both off in full.

On the ICB report they are both showing up as zero balance and there is no information in relation to payments, the only thing there is a C, which the report tells me is for Completed Account.

I'm trying to find out since is this a negative against me that will go against me when I'm applying for a mortgage or will I need to wait until next year for it to be off the report?

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pep2015

Any ideas? Would really appreciate any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Pep2015 wrote: »
    Any ideas? Would really appreciate any help!

The website www.icb.ie clearly explains how to read your credit report. Each loan shows a credit history for last 24 months and if account is paid on time there will be a tick in the box, if you miss a payment then 1 shows in the box.

Hope the above helps.

Hi Trish56,

Thanks for your reply - there is no history on my report in terms of payment ticks etc. because it is outside of 24 months.

I can see anywhere on the ICB website, that says what "completed account" means - I can't find any more detail on that term anywhere.

Is that a positive or a negative term to have showing on my account?

Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

Hi Trish56,

Thanks for your reply - there is no history on my report in terms of payment ticks etc. because it is outside of 24 months.

I can see anywhere on the ICB website, that says what "completed account" means - I can't find any more detail on that term anywhere.

Thanks a million

Its a positive as Trish56 said most banks only look at the past 24 months to see how your payments have been so usually a good report will show like a tick in each box for 24 months then a C for completed account showing your payments are up to date so nothing to worry about there.

Hi Trish56,

Thanks a million

Pep 2015,
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. I presume you no longer have those credit cards and so while its recorded that you had two credit cards in 2011 and shows nothing other than completed it will be more than likely be good for your credit rating.

Just something to be aware of though if you are applying to the same bank for the mortgage that you had the credit card and you did not pay as agreed, remember this will show up on the banks records and you could be declined for this reason.

Best of luck with your mortgage application.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million to you both - really appreciate your help!
    That's given me great peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭howa .223

Would anyone know why I would have a report back with no accounts found on the icb relating to my credit history?
    I gave all my details 100% correct iv had a loan with tsb and I'm sure I had a few late payments but would have been over 5 years ago.
    Should I just be glad its clear?

If the loan finished more than 5 years ago there will be no record of it on your credit rating. If nothing is shown on your report well then you have nothing to worry about. The only place that will have record of the or late payments arepermanent tsb so them may not be eager to lend to you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭howa .223

Thanks Trish
    Always hoped I'd have a clean sheet as I'm applying for a mortgage but as like the op I'm getting everything in order first.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Hi Pep,

I always had a loan which was outstanding in 2012 as i was out of work and it has months unpaid , for example 2, 4,5 meaning months unpaid.

Eventually when I got a job and my affairs in order, i completed the loan well in advance.

However, this still remains on the ICB report and when i applied for a loan recently, i was advised that I wont be granted anything due to these ticks

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks for your reply DulchieLaois - did your credit report show numbers and ticks etc on your credit report?

my credit report doesn't show any ticks Or numbers (showing arrears) all it says is a C for completed and shows the credit cards at zero balance

Thanks
    Hi Pep,

I always had a loan which was outstanding in 2012 as i was out of work and it has months unpaid , for example 2, 4,5 meaning months unpaid.

Eventually when I got a job and my affairs in order, i completed the loan well in advance.

However, this still remains on the ICB report and when i applied for a loan recently, i was advised that I wont be granted anything due to these ticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

C for complete/finished/no problems/move on.
    Five years after the C, the loan dissapears as though it never existed.
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply DulchieLaois - did your credit report show numbers and ticks etc on your credit report?

my credit report doesn't show any ticks Or numbers (showing arrears) all it says is a C for completed and shows the credit cards at zero balance

Thanks

Advertisement