Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 World Cup Day 3 - Ire V WI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

That is most welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

oh my god we can't lose it from here!

Niall calms everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Keamar Roach has been expensive all game. Lucky for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

arghh, I'm sitting in work in Adelaide following this on text commentary, what a game.
    Hopefully we chase it out, have tickets for the Pakistani game lined up so want to see a win in NZ and Adelaide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

2 boundaries in a row. Great stuff to shore it up.

corny wrote: »
    Keamar Roach has been expensive all game. Lucky for us.

Will be at the UAE game myself next week. Will be groggy after foo fighters the night before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Never in doubt:cool: Great win despite the wobble. Spinners slowing the Windies early won us the game.

Brilliant win. Chasing down 300+ always a great achievement. 3 brilliant batting performances, 2 great bowling performances and all round great team Fielding performance. Definitely worth staying up for. Now for an hour or so kip before work..

Well done Ireland yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Congratulations Ireland on a truly fantastic all-round performance. This really has set them up for the competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Great win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Well done lads great result

We need to keep it up

Fantastic result.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just love it when I see 60 active users in this forum at 5.45 on a Monday morning - stick around guys it really is a great game and this team has done wonders in recent years:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A beautiful time to be alive folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

6.69 - Ireland's RR in their win over West Indies matched their best ever in a CWC match (also 6.69 vs ENG in 2011). Canter.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Great stuff lads, brilliant chase!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Great win. I must see if I can get to the India game on the 10th March to cheer them on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Had to make do with the text updates, although icc world cup app is excellent, not quite same as watching it, great win for Irish cricket (as I semi predicted!)

Would echo what Beasty said, cricket really is a great game, at all levels.

Now if England could just pull their fingers out please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Great win, I've been listening to the radio commentary here in work. On to UAE now, hopefully pick up another win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Great win for Ireland

Hopefully India , SA and Pakistan were taking notes today dos the Irish just as capable of beating them too

What's the issue with Bishop, Stirling just walked away from him, Porterfield pointedly refused to shake his hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭positron

booth70 wrote: »
    Great win for Ireland

Hopefully India , SA and Pakistan were taking notes today dos the Irish just as capable of beating them too

Great upset by Ireland, very well done indeed, but lets not get carried away... Pakistan yes, SA may be, India, not unless Indians do it themselves. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Congrats Irish lads. Brilliant batting display, it's not even fluke anymore. 2007 it was Pak, 2011 it was England and 2015 it's WIndies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Also 6 times 300 plus runs was chased successfully. 3 times by Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

A huge congrats to Ireland cricket team! Went to bed just as the innings was starting, didn't think they had too much chance of chasing it down tbh but that is a great achievement, superb way to start the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Congrats Team Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Wow. Went to bed when we had them 93-5 thinking we had a real chance. So you can imagine I wasn't overly surprised to see the headline this morning that Ireland shocked the Windies, but when I saw what we had chased down I couldn't believe it!

Great chance of making the quarter finals now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Yeaaaahhh! What a piece of good news to wake up to, awesome start to the World Cup for Ireland! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,675 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

bilston wrote: »
    Wow. Went to bed when we had them 93-5 thinking we had a real chance. So you can imagine I wasn't overly surprised to see the headline this morning that Ireland shocked the Windies, but when I saw what we had chased down I couldn't believe it!

Great chance of making the quarter finals now.

Same as that. Buzzing.

Thought Sky Sports News might have a cliché but they stuck to saying Ireland were just too good for the Windies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

Congratulations to Ireland, they deserve to dine at the top table when it comes to world cricket, this is no fluke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

successful 300+ chasing is becoming routine for Ireland :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Incredible chase lads. I'm so sorry for being negative earlier, this team always pulls us through. Fantastic and cant wait for our next game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Checked what we had to chase down during the night and thought we had let them off the hook, brilliant run chase and with overs to spare as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Went to bed at end of beginning Windies innings.
    Reckoned Sammy's innings had taken the match away, especially having them 5 down, but I thought if Stirling can get 50, that would be the foundation for a good chase, and unusually Joyce scoring at well over a run a ball. That is what gave the breathing space at the end.
    West Indies were always on the cards to be taken, but after the underwhelming performances in the warm ups, my optimism was subdued, but clearly not with the lads.

Fantastic performance!!

Pretty bleary eyed here in work today, but happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I went to bed after Ireland finished bowling.... was not hopeful...
    but then again what do I know?
    Great news to wake up to!

Incredible chase lads. I'm so sorry for being negative earlier, this team always pulls us through. Fantastic and cant wait for our next game!!

Some of the pessimism from yourself and others was way OTT. Throwing around phrases like pathetic was poor form. As you say the team does pull through in games and deserved better than that.

Today is a good day but perhaps next time ease off a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭axe2grind

KevIRL wrote: »
    but perhaps next time ease off a bit?
    Kev, you're sleep deprived ;) :pac:
    He deserves some credit for being man enough to apologise :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Went to bed too after west indies batting thinking it was game over but fair play to the irish batsmen looking to see ireland later on the six o clock news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Great waking up to another irish win. So disapointed its not on TV, would have certainly stayed up to watch a bit more.

Will George Hook be crying on the radio again?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

A brilliant win, and a nice way to start a Monday morning.

My daughter had a meltdown at midnight so that was it for me watching live, sadly.

One other thing - a 242-post thread (atm) with zero reports or mod actions required - thank you to all posters for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What a result! Was ragin when I had to go to sleep with 15 overs left in the west indies innings. Kinda wish I had just called in to work sick this morning and stayed up all night to watch it instead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

KevIRL wrote: »
    Will George Hook be crying on the radio again?

haha, it wasn't England they beat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

There's highlights of the game on UTV Ireland tonight at 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Fair play to whoever stayed up last night and watched the whole game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

paulie21 wrote: »
    There's highlights of the game on UTV Ireland tonight at 11

ITV and ITV4 are also showing daily highlights, not sure if that covers UTV NI though.

Everyone in house delighted. Got a couple of hours sleep during the Windies innings, then woke up to "feed and change baby" and take her off to sitting room. So saw the run chase, with a very contented 2 month old, and a wife catching up on some deep sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

For anyone who missed the game, like me. Sky are showing 1 hour highlights of the game on Sky Sports 2 at 11:00, 1:00, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, 8:00

• Advertisement
Advertisement