Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change

Options
  • 15-02-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Ok, so I'm considering a career change. I've spent 10 years working in the pharmaceutical sector although never rising to people management level and I am pretty tired of my career although I know that it's not a bad one to have.
    I'm in my early 30's and Im considering studying Commerce through distance learning in NUIG. I know its broad but I'm not 100% sure of what type of a career in business I'd like. Maybe accountancy or information systems or stary my own business. Am I crazy to do this at my age?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

I really don't know anything about business but I'm in my early 30s and trying to get into Medicine. I know of plenty 30+ who have gone for a career change; but it certainly isn't easy.

Personally speaking if I had a mortgage and a family it's something I probably wouldn't consider; but I think anyone without any serious commitments should do whatever it is they believe they want to do.

Advertisement