Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pricing an iPad

• 15-02-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

Long-time Boards lurker here (though not of this particular forum). I'm in a lucky dilemma and was thinking this morning after a good hour's fruitless fact-finding mission that the good e-citizens of Boards.ie might be able to help me out. I've read the charter and hope this kind of post is okay.

I recently won an iPad in a competition. I have zero use for it. I'm therefore preparing to sell it. I'm hoping to get a good price and am going to divvy up the cash between various good charities and campaign groups so would really appreciate any help here.

Now, the problem is I'm not particularly interested in or knowledgeable on tech stuff so I'm having difficulties trying to figure out exactly what kind of iPad I have and how much it's worth brand new (unopened, in cellophane). I can't even work out whether I have an iPad 2 or 4 because I'm so confused as to the difference between the various iterations of the product and the "generations", as well as all the discontinued models and overlaps and particular features and on and on it goes. It's probably very simple, but I can't make head nor tail of it.

So what I'm asking is for you tech-savvy Apple devotees to suggest to me how much I should put this up for sale for. I have dutifully transcribed the hieroglyphics on the back:

MD511B/A iPad Wi-Fi 32GB Black
    Model A1458
    (1P)Part No. MD511B/A

Includes iPad, Lightning to USB Cable, and USB Power Adapter. Supports Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0.

826-0817-A

The copyright states 2012.

Phew.

Thanks so much for your help,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

"iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi" based on http://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201471

Kudos for doing this. Have you thought of giving the iPad to charity itself instead of selling and divvying up the cash to charities.

Ipad is a priceless tool to kids whom have speech and or language difficulties and there's a truck ton of software out there to help them communicate?

Ultimately it's up to yourself either way the outcome is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Sounds like a 4th but not 100%.
    Nice idea to divide up between charities. That way each group can benefit like animals, homeless, children ect.

That's very good of you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mickoops

"iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi" based on [removed because I can't seem to post with URLs!]

Kudos for doing this. Have you thought of giving the iPad to charity itself instead of selling and divvying up the cash to charities.

Ipad is a priceless tool to kids whom have speech and or language difficulties and there's a truck ton of software out there to help them communicate?

Ultimately it's up to yourself either way the outcome is great!

Would that be referred to as an iPad 4 then? Or is that not used as a description? How would I label it on buyandsell-type sites to get maximum interest? 'iPad (4th generation) 32GB' or something along those lines? And how much do you figure it would be worth new? Google throws up vastly differing sums...

No, I hadn't considered giving it away for that purpose. Nice idea, but I have some pet charities and campaigning orgs myself.

Thanks so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yup aka an iPad 4 with regards pricing Ill leave that to others as I only ever buy new.

Is €350 about right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

mickoops wrote: »
    Is €350 about right?
    Yep, i'd say you're on the button there. I've just got a new Air 16gb for €330 from Adverts. That said, the Air is an upgrade on the 4th Gen. But yours is 32GB as opposed to 16GB so i'd say ask €350 with a view to selling for circa €330. The fact that its sealed & unused will always help.

Best of luck !

dodzy wrote: »
    Yep, i'd say you're on the button there. I've just got a new Air 16gb for €330 from Adverts. That said, the Air is an upgrade on the 4th Gen. But yours is 32GB as opposed to 16GB so i'd say ask €350 with a view to selling for circa €330. The fact that its sealed & unused will always help.

Best of luck !

Ah, thanks so much for that, dodzy.

Advertisement