Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troxck's Study Log

Options
  • 15-02-2015 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I never thought I'd make one but it will probably be good to keep a record of things for the next 4 months.

I want to end up doing Electronic & Computer Engineering which is 400 points and I hope to get 445, just to be safe.

The subjects I do along with what I want to get for the LC are:

SUBJECT |LEVEL | GRADE | POINTS
    English: | H |C3 | 60
    Gaeilge: | O | B3 | 35
    Math: | H | C3 | 85
    Physics: | H | B3 | 75
    History: | H | B3 | 75
    German: | H | B3 | 75
    Music: | H | B3 | 75
    | | | 445|

If I were to get these results in August I would be thrilled!

It's the midterm now so I will be taking a small break from study, I will mostly focus on:
    English- Will not study.
    Irish- Oral work. My Mock oral is the week I go back after Midterm.
    Maths- Go over 5th Year topics along with Calculus from 6th Year.
    History- Work on research project along with document case studies. I didn't revise them for the mocks and that section was horrible for me!
    Physics- Revise Light, Sound and Waves. Revise experiments.
    German- Oral work.
    Music- The practical. My mock practical is also on the week I go back.

I probably won't update this regularly, maybe more so once a week if I have the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Today was poor study wise, I am on holidays so that's a good excuse.
    I only did...
    Irish- Oral work, general conversation and SP1.
    Physics- Revised the Wave Nature of Light chapter and made a mind map based in it. Also went over the Measurement of the wavelength of Monochromatic light experiment.
    German- Wrote up and learnt Hobbies/Freetime for Oral and learnt Roleplay 1.

I hoped to get more done today but it's a start!

Okay so overall, the midterm was an atrocious time for study but it will probably better to take it easy and start fresh tomorrow.

I have made up a sort of study plan for the coming weeks, I won't stick to it religiously but it's a guide as to what I should study. It will change for some subjects after the orals and practicals are are finished with or when we have more of the course completed.

tumblr_nk6iymChV01ti4ahuo1_540.jpg

This is embarrassing really, I swear I am studying.

Got the mock results back ages ago and was really happy overall so now I have some new aims.

English: | H |B2 | 80
    Physics: | H | A1 | 100
    | | | 490|

Feeling like this is possible. Only 6 more weeks left so it's head down every night, really want to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

Oh my god you did so well! Well done in the mocks!

oktplz wrote: »
    Oh my god you did so well! Well done in the mocks!

They weren't my mock results, that's what I want to get in the actual LC, sorry!

• Advertisement

Troxck wrote: »
    This is embarrassing really, I swear I am studying.

Got the mock results back ages ago and was really happy overall so now I have some new aims.

English: | H |B2 | 80
    Physics: | H | A1 | 100
    | | | 490|

Feeling like this is possible. Only 6 more weeks left so it's head down every night, really want to do well.

Got my results, didn't get my aim and I'm really disappointed. Didn't get the C3 in Maths so I can only get 2/9 of what was on my CAO.

Hopefully I'll get something. I actually did loads of study and it all went to waste lol

Advertisement