Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

River Island interview

• 15-02-2015 2:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

Hi. I applied to river island. I don't know what to wear to an interview (I'm a guy). A suit seems a bit formal. But I was think maybe skinny jeans and a blazer? Also my friend who works there says she had a group interview for Christmas staff 2014 interview? Is this always the case? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

samsamsam wrote: »
    Hi. I applied to river island. I don't know what to wear to an interview (I'm a guy). A suit seems a bit formal. But I was think maybe skinny jeans and a blazer? Also my friend who works there says she had a group interview for Christmas staff 2014 interview? Is this always the case? Thanks.

Well going by their staff, you should get the most ridiculous, pretentious **** in your wardrobe, find some leather jewellery, and top it off with a hat that makes you look like a sex offender. Then cut some holes in your pants. You'll be a shoe in (speaking of which, your shoes should be an expensive imitation of what a hospital porter wears).

Don't forget to get a bad haircut.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Well going by their staff, you should get the most ridiculous, pretentious **** in your wardrobe, find some leather jewellery, and top it off with a hat that makes you look like a sex offender. Then cut some holes in your pants. You'll be a shoe in (speaking of which, your shoes should be an expensive imitation of what a hospital porter wears).

That is incredibly unhelpful. Please take some time to acquaint yourself with the forum tone and its charter before posting again

OP, take a look at the trends/style guides on the River Island site to see what they are promoting for men at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

A suit would be too formal, they want you to wear something sort of trendy at the interview so skinny jeans and a blazer sounds fine to me. I worked there a while back and had a one to one interview but I think it was meant to be a group interview and there was some reason why they couldn't do it. Anyone else I've ever heard who interviewed had a group interview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 samsamsam

How about **** off :)

How about **** off :)

I was just kidding, but in retrospect it looks ridiculously aggressive of me. Best of luck in the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 doodlebops2015

Complete newbie here so hoping to join in some chats.
    I'd definitely agree with Twee though. Knowing and turning up wearing something that they are promoting for men at the moment would have to make a good impression.
    Most of all, if it makes you feel good and comfortable then you are half way there.
    Good luck in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I would still go with a suit, just without the tie. It's an interview and you want to look professional.
    They will take you more seriously with a suit. I'd never go to any interview with less, regardless of where the job is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Best rule of thumb would be to go trendy, possibly even some of their stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@samsamsam - If you have a problem with a post, please use the Report Post functionality to alert a moderator. Please do use profanities towards another poster.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I would agree that the suit is probably too formal and the blazer and the jeans is your best bet. Make sure they fit properly though. I wouldn't go all out and wear all River Island clothes maybe a few pieces if they go with the fit.

I'd also advise that you look at their trends for
    S/S 15 and see what they're like I'd guess a lot of florals and stripes and also double denim as they seem to be big for S/S at the moment. Also remember they do have RiverIsland x James Long coming out at some stage so remember that. http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2014-11/18/james-long-river-island-menswear-collaboration-pictures-prices

• Advertisement

I was just kidding, but in retrospect it looks ridiculously aggressive of me. Best of luck in the interview.

So was I :) thanks :)

Hi everyone! Got the job! Thanks for all the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Congrats :)

Well done! Glad to hear it. Now f**k off ;)

Congrats on getting the job.

That said, if I were in a similar situation, I think I'd go with a suit, too. :o

Well done! Glad to hear it. Now f**k off ;)

;)

Advertisement