Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS and tenancy board

Options
  • 15-02-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Gratefully seeking some information.
    Just moved into a rented house. The landlord is currently not registered with the tenancy board, he seemed genuinely unaware of the legal need to be registered. I am on Jobseekers allowance and will be applying for rent assistance. If I apply for rent assistance and my landlord has not registered the property will he be fined? Will my application for RAS be considered at all unless the house is registered? I would rather not get my landlord in financial trouble, he is an older gentleman, only rents out this one place and has been very decent with all our needs so far. He has rented the place out for a couple of years on and off, would he be liable to pay back payments for previous unregistered tenancies? He is a pensioner so he is not evading tax, he wouldn't be liable for tax on such a small income I believe.
    Any information much appreciated.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The law requires Prtb registration

Also the Council will look at whether or not the property meets all minimum property standards and landlord must produce a tax clearance certificate

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Also you need to be in receipt of rent supplement for 18 months before your eligible for the RAS scheme.
    If your not already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Will your landlord even want to join Ras - it doesn't seem very attractive to a landlord . Especially in a landlords market.

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement