Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest Chinese takeaway in Dundalk?

Options
  • 15-02-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Sampled a few Chinese takeaways in Dundalk- Curry House is nice but expensive, Adelphi Jade is decent, The Black Wok tasty also. Haven't tried any of the others,so what are peoples opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I recommend the Wok n Roll in blackrock (its where the old post office was). Small takeaway but food is lovely. I believe 2 cooks from the Black Wok moved there. Good variety on menu too.(kar kai chicken is lovely)
    Golden chopsticks in Dundalk, though its a while since I was in it.
    Curry house opposite the Windsor (expensive) but big portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

The sunhouse up by the Roma is fab,bit expensive,but big portions. Have heard rave reviews about Wiltons in Bridge st,haven't tried it myself. One place thats gone to the dogs is Jade Garden,last couple of take outs we got were muck.It'll be a long time before i spend a penny in it again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

We normally use the Adelphi Jade but they ignored a couple of requests for 'no veg' in certain dishes twice on us lately leaving me having to travel back in and exchange.

Curry House is probably the tastiest but is way over-priced even with the large portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Poor enough food despite all the Chinese takeaways in Dundalk.
    Haven't got a really nice curry in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Youngs in Bridge St's curry I love. Rich and dark and different with lovely fried rice but way too expensive compared to others.
    For curry we chop and change between Wiltons(yum), Golden Chopsticks(yum), New Ocean(yum) and New World (bit milder than others and big portions of chips).)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

China Kitchen Every time absolutely delish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

The new chinese over courtneys (where the Left Bank was) opened last weekend so there's somewhere new to add to the list. Haven't been in it so cant comment but its now open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

cargo wrote:
    The new chinese over courtneys (where the Left Bank was) opened last weekend so there's somewhere new to add to the list. Haven't been in it so cant comment but its now open.

Yes the table menu has been advertised elsewhere. Seems expensive given its priced without rice or chips. Hope the takeout section ( if there is one) is cheaper.

Yes the table menu has been advertised elsewhere. Seems expensive given its priced without rice or chips. Hope the takeout section ( if there is one) is cheaper.

I thought the exact same. The sit-in menu is posted up on the door into the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is the Chinese over the Greenmount still open for lunch?
    Heard fairly good reports about it in the past but have yet to try it.

• Advertisement

Is the Chinese over the Greenmount still open for lunch?
    Heard fairly good reports about it in the past but have yet to try it.

It's open in the evenings for an all you can eat buffet and I think they do a lunch version of that as well but not 100% certain.

The buffet end at 9pm and it goes back to the full menu again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I'm not a mad fan of Chinese although herself is. Wouldn't pass the Black Wok in Blackrock

Advertisement