Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

air rifles

Options
  • 15-02-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I am 17 and wish to get a air rifle down to how cheep it is to run and how grate they are for rabbits and cans etc. I currently have a .17hmr and its 22 euro for a box of bullets and is just two dear to be using for cans and rabbits when there is a cheaper option available. And yes ino the .22lr is dirt cheep to run but if I get a air rifle I will be doing pest control for some local farmers and dont want the hassle of picking up empty casings or having the risk of over penetration and going out through the farmers tin sheds. I just want to no what's the laws on owning an air rifle in Ireland and what joule in terms of power would I need to shoot rats, rabbits, and pigeons at around 40 yards. I was thinking about getting the BSA R10 Mark 2 does anyone have any suggestions on them. And I also want to no is there a power limit ( Joules) in Ireland and what caliber would be the best for me.

Thanks. Thehippopop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

i dont know if rabbits are pests or not., I think they might be. Shooting cans are technically illegal as it would be considered "target shooting". And thus must be done on an authorized range , and even then, some super may consider it practical shooting which is strictly illegal. So dont put that down

There would be no joule limit as you know its a firearm. There are only joule limits in uk an other countries as they arent firearms until that limit.
    I would say if you are getting one get a fairly powerfully one as you would want a clean shot on the rabbit

I dont know anything about makes but ive used a gamo air rifle (dont know model) a good bit and the trigger was absolutely useless. Really heavy trigger on it . Dont know if thats the same with all air rifles , im sure there are a few people on here with air rifles and they shoot pests

caliber wise, .22 air afaik are for pests and .177 is mainly air target shooting i think

Advertisement