Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Lumia 630 €71.99 on o2.ie prepay

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

leck wrote: »
    It arrived today with a free SIM card and the speaker.
    Hi leck,
    You received your phone today with a speaker, I'm glad you got the speaker, but now I'm really mad, I received my phone a few days ago and no speaker :mad:
    I emailed O2 twice now and no reply. Maybe I'll need to call them, just not sure which number to call.:mad:

Assuming your other SIM is also an O2 SIM and a Micro SIM, then you should be good to go. Unless you unlock the phone, it will only work with O2 SIMs, but should work with any O2 micro SIM. If the other SIM isn't a micro SIM, just call O2 and request a replacement micro SIM for your existing number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ordered one of these to replace a Lumia 521. It arrived today with a free SIM card and the speaker. If I want to keep my old number should I just transfer the SIM from the old phone? Will the SIM bring all my contacts, etc.? Will the SIM then have to be registered to the new phone? What about other stuff - text messages, call history, I presume they are stored online by O2 and that they will automatically appear? And as for apps, I suppose I'll have to install all those anew?

I would like to keep the old phone as a spare and I will have a spare SIM either way, just not sure if I would need to request a number to go with the spare SIM and then presume that would require a minimum topup. I'm with O2 pay-as-you-go, but the Lumia 521 is unlocked.

Just transfer your micro sim from the 520 to the 630 and use as normal. No need to do anything else. Hold the new sim as a spare if you wish.

Any content you want transferred to the new phone can be done using the 'Transfer my data' which should be in the app list. Post if you have problems with it.

When you enter your Microsoft account email it will download anything you had set to be backed up automatically so that could be contacts, sms etc.

Apps will appear as 'owned' rather than installed in the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Davy wrote: »
    Just transfer your micro sim from the 520 to the 630 and use as normal. No need to do anything else. Hold the new sim as a spare if you wish.

Any content you want transferred to the new phone can be done using the 'Transfer my data' which should be in the app list. Post if you have problems with it.

When you enter your Microsoft account email it will download anything you had set to be backed up automatically so that could be contacts, sms etc.

Apps will appear as 'owned' rather than installed in the store.
    Hi Davy, I did that and it asked for my MS account email, then it said "restoring data". Happy to see it remembered the apps that I was using and installed those apps, including tiles for those I had pinned to the start menu.

My phone contacts have also been transferred, phone history has been added but it only goes back as far as 30/12/2014. Maybe that was all that was available on the old phone, I'm not sure.

But my text messages were not restored. Running the Transfer My Data app now, it's letting me transfer Contacts (did that again just in case) but no sign of text messages.

I notice my Whatsapp message history is gone too although I don't care about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Hi Davy, I did that and it asked for my MS account email, then it said "restoring data". Happy to see it remembered the apps that I was using and installed those apps, including tiles for those I had pinned to the start menu.

My phone contacts have also been transferred, phone history has been added but it only goes back as far as 30/12/2014. Maybe that was all that was available on the old phone, I'm not sure.

But my text messages were not restored. Running the Transfer My Data app now, it's letting me transfer Contacts (did that again just in case) but no sign of text messages.

I notice my Whatsapp message history is gone too although I don't care about that.

Bear in mind, it might take some time for the test messages to repopulate.

You should see them eventually. To double check, look for the "backup" area in settings; the box should be ticked for text messages by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Bear in mind, it might take some time for the test messages to repopulate.

You should see them eventually. To double check, look for the "backup" area in settings; the box should be ticked for text messages by default.
    Couldn't get the text messages to appear, toggled backup off/on on both phones, text message backup was off on the old phone when I moved the SIM so maybe that was why it wouldn't work. This morning I turned battery saver off and on on the new phone, and suddenly the text messages started to show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Once you have an outlook/hotmail , onedrive account on your old phone and your old phone syncs . All your apps,texts and even pics will come up on your new phone . That's from personal experience. I had no need to transfer anything it automatically happened

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I finally got my free speaker, although I had to email O2 twice to get it, although I may never use the speaker, if it was promised, it should be included.

Haven't used the phone much yet, but so far so good.

Has anyone bought a case for this yet and if so any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I finally got my free speaker, although I had to email O2 twice to get it, although I may never use the speaker, if it was promised, it should be included.

Haven't used the phone much yet, but so far so good.

Has anyone bought a case for this yet and if so any recommendations?

Bought a lovely case in one of the phone fix stores €10. Ps you just got in on time , no more 20% off as three have taken over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

castle2012 wrote: »
    Bought a lovely case in one of the phone fix stores €10. Ps you just got in on time , no more 20% off as three have taken over

The Priority Moments deal is still up on the site. The site will not be affected by the takeover. I used it today, the text said expires 31st March 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

castle2012 wrote: »
    Bought a lovely case in one of the phone fix stores €10. are these cases on sale in any other shops i wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Do three offer 20% off prepay phones now? Or did that go with O2.

Advertisement