Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino Coombe

Options
  • 15-02-2015 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I'm pregnant on my first baby.I hope to do the domino care but I'm bit worried I've picked the coombe as my hospital but when I looked up it said the clinics I'd attend are all on south side and I'm in Finglas.I know there's a midwife clinic in Welmount which in 2 mins from where I live could I just attend there or do I have to go to the ones that the coombe recommend.Ive my first appointment 9 March but it's kinda on my mind now.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I never knew you could do domino for the coombe if you lived northside....I thought you would need to go with the domino rotunda

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you live outside the Domino catchment area they will not normally let you avail of the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Moonbeam wrote: »
    If you live outside the Domino catchment area they will not normally let you avail of the scheme.

That's what I thought! One half on my estate is holles st domino and other half is the coombe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You won't be allowed onto the Domino scheme if you are not in the catchment area. The midwifes clinic in Wellmount is for the Rotunda hospital.

For what it's worth, I attended the Coombe on my second while I lived in Finglas. I had to have consultant led care because I'd had a c section on my first but the queues weren't that long and the hospital and staff were fab. I ended up having to stay in for 5 days but that was because my little girl was brought to SCBU, otherwise I'd have been out earlier.

The Rotunda is closer, but if distance doesn't bother you then the Coombe is fantastic, with or without Domino care.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yeah Wellmount is attached to the Rotunda, it's one of the community clinics:

Community midwifery led clinics
    This option of care allows you to attend a midwife led antenatal clinic in your local health centre. This service is provided in the Swords and Blanchardstown areas and women who had their initial booking visit in the outpatients department in the hospital can avail of this service. At the booking visit please tell the midwife that you would like to attend the clinic in Swords or Blanchardstown for the remainder of your antenatal care. The midwife will give your contact details to the community midwifery team.

For further information on this service or to make an appointment to attend one of these clinics, please phone 01 – 817 6849 or 817 6850.
    Community Midwives’ Clinic Times:
    Area Health Centre Day Times
    Blanchardstown Roselawn Health Centre Monday 5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
    Darndale Darndale Health Centre Tuesday 10.00 am -12 noon
    Coolock Coolock Health Centre Tuesday 5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
    Finglas Wellmount Health Centre Wednesday 2.00 pm - 5.00 pm
    Swords Swords Health Centre Wednesday 5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
    Ballymun Ballymun Health Centre Thursday 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
    Cabra Cabra Health Centre Friday 9.00 am - 12 noon
    Rotunda Outpatients Department Friday 4.30 pm - 6.30 pm

Whereas these are the Coombe's:
    http://www.coombe.ie/index.php?nodeId=244

If you want Wellmount you'd have to change hospital, or I'm sure you could go combined care of full hospital care in the Coombe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for all the replies very helpful.

Advertisement