Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 16-2-15

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Probably one of the better shows of the last few months. Still lots of 3 hour-itis

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Paige's new outfit was lovely, in fairness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I super enjoyed that ending, and actually am excited to a PPV main event. It's nice to see the duo being given that trust, even if it is only a B-Show. They also have a chance to establish a long term story as well imo; if Bryan wins at the PPV, he can face Brock and win, and then continue with Heel Riegns vs Face Bryan for a good few months, building two massive stars (if they can hold back on Cena interjections).

Paige was adorable.

A lot of very good "B" stories as well, with BNB/Ambrose, Ziggler/Rollins and Star/Golddust all actually having developments.

Thought it was a good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I enjoyed that. Plenty of decent wrestling and storyline development. Solid.

Watch as we're all raving mad Sunday night when Reigns wins in 17 seconds with a Spear clean in the middle :pac:

Paige is a damn goddess. Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

An actual solid Raw last night, what is this bizzaro world?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just watching Raw now, it's nice that a lot of the mid-card stuff seems to be getting some actual progression. The Dean Ambrose/BNB thing is probably my favourite thing from the show, it was so absurd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Did Charlotte debut last night?. If she did..what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Did Charlotte debut last night?. If she did..what happened.

Charlotte didn't debut last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Paige better win sunday night or im gonna be very disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Even when it's quite a good show like this week's Raw actually was, 3 hours is still too much so you end up not appreciating the show as much as you probably should. It's a shame because if you took out all the bad and squeezed all of the good into a 2 hour show then this weeks Raw would have been excellent.

I really liked the Tyson/Cesaro/Natalia stuff this week, I'd say Tyson's character progressed more on Raw this week than it has done so previously.

The Paige stuff was a nice addition.

Ambrose and Barrett was fun, granted you have to throw all logic out of the window to enjoy it but I guess that's just a given when watching wrestling these days.

Triple H's promo was strong, it gave a bit a backstory on the wrestlers past and added to the story (which had been rather hindered given that, despite Sting's best efforts The Authority weren't out of power for very long at all)

Best of all was the Reigns/Bryan stuff throughout the night. Stripping away the regular cheesy comedy that seems to come part and parcel of main event feuds in WWE, playing to the participants strengths and avoiding rambling, scripted monologues what we got here was a perfect go home show where the excitement for the big match at the ppv has piqued at the right time. Credit to both performers, I thought their reactions, expressions, body language ect. all felt 100% genuine, they reacted exactly how you would expect these characters to react if they were thrust into a real life situation such as this, personally I thought this was an all time high point for Reign's and his prospects of being the main player in WWE, he was pitch perfect tonight, as was Bryan. Infact by tying reality into this feud and the ultra-realistic interactions between the two tonight, this felt akin to Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels interactions on tv before Bret went to WCW, it's gone from being a match and story I didn't care for all that much to being a must see match on Sunday, credit where it's due on that front.

The bad was limited this week to Cena making Rusev look like a dweeb (he got no offence in at all!), infact by the end of the segment I again sympathised more with Rusev than Cena.

Also Bray Wyatt's rambling riddles to nowhere are a waste of time. Yes it's probably leading to Taker but the second Taker shows up these riddles will be instantly forgotten about, imo it's just dead tv time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

rovert wrote: »
    Zahra is backstage at Raw with the newer NXT students:

bRrwmTr.jpg

Why is that man not wearing pants???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who was Darren young's partner?

Advertisement