Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about susi Grants

Options
  • 15-02-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

what is rate of maintenance and what is the student contribution fees?
    Just want to know what they mean.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭joe14

link dosent seem to be working,I just want to know what it means by "maintenance" and "student contribution"

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fendy

[QUOTE=I just want to know what it means by "maintenance" and "student contribution"[/QUOTE]

Maintenance is the money SUSI pay directly to the student, into their bank account every month. The student contribution is the amount SUSI pay directly to the college for each student, this was €2750 in September 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

do they still pay maintenance if you're also on the back to education ? any idea what the rate of maintenance is ? ...assuming one qualifies for the full mature student rate.

reading their grant eligibility pdf from 2014...

"You are not eligible for a maintenance grant from SUSI if you are in receipt of the Back to
    Education Allowance (BTEA) or the Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS), save
    in certain limited
    circumstance"

oh well, i thought it might increase the BTEA rate slightly...like 20 euro or something. But I guess not. At any rate, they cover the uni/college fees even if you're on the BTEA ... at least I think so. And the 'field trip' costs too...?

Advertisement