Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking a Graphics Card

Options
  • 15-02-2015 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

I have a radeon hd6770 its has 4 outputs dvi HDMI VGA and display port which can all be used together if ya wanted it also has 1 GB of DDR 5 ram pcie x16 slot need and at least a 450watt PSU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Patww79 wrote: »
    I was looking to upgrade my graphics, not really for any crazy type gaming but to something a bit better for the likes of Football Manager and with a HDMI out.

This is my PC:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03382053

Which info there will tell me which ones are compatible? I know the power supply matters, but what else?

Gtx 750 or 750ti would do. ( has to be a brand without need for PCI Express power connections on the psu.
    Whats your budget.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you're only playing the like of football manager, a GTX750 even would be way overkill. But at least you're future proofed if you decide to play more intensive games. Plus, the market is really skewed at the moment, cards that are only about 50-60% as fast as the GTX750 cost 80-90% of its value...so it makes the most sense.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

No on-thread selling or enticement to sell via PM - here or anywhere else in this forum. There is already a thread where you can link to existing sales.

If any more of this behaviour continues in this forum expect a big fat forum announcement and on-the-spot infract-and-bans being handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭justjustin

Solitaire wrote: »
    No on-thread selling or enticement to sell via PM - here or anywhere else in this forum. There is already a thread where you can link to existing sales.

If any more of this behaviour continues in this forum expect a big fat forum announcement and on-the-spot infract-and-bans being handed out.

So you delete my post but not the other...?

Standards, eh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The other post? If you're talking about a post of yours made a month ago breaking similar rules then that was missed at the time, but has certainly been rectified since :)

Seriously though, there is a very special thread in this forum dedicated to that kind of malarkey, and no-one should be trying to advertise personal sales anywhere else in this forum - this applies to all users equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I have a radeon hd6770 its has 4 outputs dvi HDMI VGA and display port which can all be used together if ya wanted it also has 1 GB of DDR 5 ram pcie x16 slot need and at least a 450watt PSU

Maybe he was referring to this. Although there is no mention of selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Maybe he was referring to this. Although there is no mention of selling.

Im only trying to help out, thats the card i have installed in my PC, so i just taught id share my experience as it has a HDMI output which he was looking for, plus its not that expensive either, and would run Football Manager no problem, i listed its compatability and what wattage it needed cause he asked about that too.

Im no salesmans trust me just here to help others as most people do on this site.

Jay

Advertisement