Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pieta house Waterford

Options
  • 15-02-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

There has been talk and some fund,raising for a new Pieta house somewhere in Waterford. Is it still in early planning stages or is it close to being open? Whereabouts will it be? It's something I'd be interested in volunteering with, in some way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I don't think it's built yet, but there's a big fundraiser walk coming up in a couple of months. In June, Enda O'Doherty will walk from Belfast to Waterford over 8 days while carrying a washing machine to raise money for Pieta House.

You'll find info on Pieta Challenge Belfast to Waterford facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Thanks yeah i went to a talk he and Gerry Duffy gave in the tower hotel, they were gr eat. i think the house is being bought rather than built which might mean it won't be too long before it's open.
    The darkness to light fundraisers are great and the the Viking marathon has named it its main charity

Advertisement