Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emergency services in mulhuddart having to make a uturn at the low bridge

Options
  • 15-02-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭

Just seen this a few minutes ago. , Both fire brigade and ambulance (ambulance came a few minutes afterwards)

They had to turn back around and go the other way, after they both realised they couldn't get under the bridge.

Very strange that they wouldn't know this in advance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I bet a sat-nav or google or some such was involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A truck had its roof ripped off last week too. My brother said the guy just kept on going...

You'd think the Emergency services would know about the bridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

thomasj wrote: »
    Just seen this a few minutes ago. , Both fire brigade and ambulance (ambulance came a few minutes afterwards)

They had to turn back around and go the other way, after they both realised they couldn't get under the bridge.

Local Emergency services ? Course they'd know. That bridge has been there since time began at this stage.

I'd say it's taken quite a few boxes at this stage though. Have seen 3 in the last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

thomasj wrote: »

A bit of a strange one alright.

Perhaps if they were coming from the Village side, they could have been from Finglas and not so familiar with the area. But if they were coming from the opposite side, well........ that is almost "Keystone Cops-esque"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Don't tell anyone but i once hit that bridge. I passed it so many times in a car that I simply switched off in a van. Some fright I got.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You're not the first and you won't be the last chuck lol. Happens to the best of us... not me though, I don't drive.

I remember being on a single deck 220 before coming back from school one evening, driver must have been eager to get home early or something because at the stop in Huntstown right before the left turn for the bridge, he got out of his cabin and asked us where we were getting off, there were about 12 people still on the bus and we were all getting off at the stop on Ladyswell Rd so he turned left and went under the bridge. Cut about 15 minutes off the journey considering it was near Christmas and the traffic to the centre would have been mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I have lived just beside the bridge for 20 years and someone crashes into it every couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Another crash into the bridge today. There was a fire engine and an ambulance in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

1380452_627734443933471_1573443330_n.jpg?oh=95dfba1abf68c6388b3f99a370b16f85&oe=55902066&__gda__=1435821647_c84f18c5bf2293c76a85fb47c0713f8a

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Why don't they put those height chains in front of the bridge to warn drivers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They don't always work, if they're hung from the bridge it's already too late if a vehicle hits them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

A lot get caught out coming from Mulhuddart as the height is taller from that end, So they go through and then get wedged at the far end as the road rises (like pic above)
    I've seen everything hit that bridge including a large wheelie bin lorry coming from Blakestown direction, The lads driving were nearly at the height of the top of the bridge and they still ploughed straight into it.

Advertisement