Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Swords Manor Inn purchased?

Options
  • 15-02-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Rumor is rife that a crowd who own a few well run pubs on the north side have bought the place.

More concrete then the above, my uncle was drinking in a pub in Clontarf on Friday and the bar manager is the guy who'll be assuming control of the Manor.

There are some serious plans to refurbish the place from both renovation to management and staff.

All very welcome.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

God that would be great!
    How is the Manor these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Ginny wrote: »
    God that would be great!
    How is the Manor these days?

Ah it's pretty terrible. I mean it's grand for the odd pint because it's so close but it hasnt changed a bit since it opened in the 1990's bar the odd lick of paint.

Word is Graingers have bought it who at least know how to run a boozer.

All people want to see is an owner that cares, puts a bit of investment in it and hires new fecking bar staff!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What other pubs do Graingers own?

I was in the Manor a few months ago, it was a bit run down looking

Be nice to see it done up, wonder will they start selling food?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Ah it's pretty terrible. I mean it's grand for the odd pint because it's so close but it hasnt changed a bit since it opened in the 1990's bar the odd lick of paint.

Word is Graingers have bought it who at least know how to run a boozer.

All people want to see is an owner that cares, puts a bit of investment in it and hires new fecking bar staff!

that's Graingers that went into receivership right? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Stheno wrote: »
    What other pubs do Graingers own?

I was in the Manor a few months ago, it was a bit run down looking

Be nice to see it done up, wonder will they start selling food?

I really dont know a whole heap about them.

Run down really is a good way to describe the place. According to my uncle the guy mentioned they are looking to creating a function room which will have catering facilities.

I dont think food would do well as there is lots of choice around but the ability to put out goujons and chips would be good.

peteb2 wrote: »
    that's Graingers that went into receivership right? ;)

Yeah, I think they've emerged from that as far as I know...enough to buy another pub in receivership :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement