Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cartomisers

Options
  • 15-02-2015 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Cigatec the other day. Bought a couple of juices (Beard Vape 32 & 64) and a few aerotank coils. Whilst there I bought a couple of Cartos, for old times sake.

You know what, they are Danny good. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy a carto in a tank. They are a bit old fashioned I suppose, but the flavour imho, is as good as you'll get.

Anyone else still using these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I never really 'got' cartomisers. Hows the Beard Vape?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

boge dual coils are very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I still think cartos are the all round best delivery method. Brilliant hassle and leak free things.
    But i dont have any intact carto tanks, have been thinking about getting a new one for months, but there is always something i have to replace as far as vaping goes so it keeps going on the long finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I have 6ml Carto Tanks going spare if anybody is interested,haven't used them in 3 years,just sitting around getting dusty,I also have a few Carto's as well.
    Just send me a stamped address jiffy bag & they are yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I completely skipped them because when I first started vaping I read that they were more expensive than clearos and my intention was to save money. Then I spent a year throwing money at crap ego kits. I'll probably go backwards and try out a couple of cartos soon because I'm interested in all the reports of them being the best flavour/vapour delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I haven't tried one in ages, I rarely even see them listed. I loved them for a while when they were already gone out of fashion, really great flavour and an airier draw than the a lot of the clearos available then which I prefer.

The inconsistency in the quality of the boges used to be a right pita though. Spend a while punching, priming, setting-up a tank and then just hear it on its first vape. Bugger. Some juices were a no-no aswell, custard types mainly, but I was using SR so that could have affected that.

Jesus, 3ohm cartomisers on an evod battery was my go-to set up this time last year. Very happy I was too. I still have a lot a tanks but only FT cartos that I never vaped due to their bad rep. Might crack one out now and see.

I still think it's a good idea - a big wad of filler material saturated in juice with the coil theoretically heating the entire thing. Dry hits were non-existant for me on long draws and flavour was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Prob a stupid question but what's a carto.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Nah, I'm sure many don't know now, you really don't see them much anymore.

I think the were the first 'atomizers' (and you still get them on cigalikes) - basically a metal tube filled with filler material that soaks up the juice and has a coil in the centre. There's no wick through the coil, it heats up the filler that's surrounding it.

You can buy blank ones you fill yourself, directly from the top or by piercing holes in it and putting it in a tank so that every time you draw you suck a little liquid back in to resaturate it.

Any 510 drip tip sticks straight into the top of the tube

http://ecignvape.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/cartomizer-rb-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I never really 'got' cartomisers. Hows the Beard Vape?

The Beard vape is good. I don't think either will become an ADV but nice all the same.

That applies to the full range by the way.

Advertisement