Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which UK visa to apply for a Non EU?

Options
  • 16-02-2015 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am working as a IT consultant in Dublin, Ireland. I hold a Irish Green card currently. My employer has a office in London and he wants meet to work on projects in UK also. The projects are software developments and the duration might vary from one week to 1 year. Could you please advise initially on what type of visa I should be applying so that I could freely travel to UK whenever there is a requirement for me.
    My employer is Irish company
    I'm in my present job for three months only

Thanks
    kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Anyone have an answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Simple Google search provided this.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Kevin, I really hope you get an answer here as you are without doubt the most patient man I have ever come across!

Simple Google search provided this.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

OK, good stuff, then what is the type of visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Andre43

If you're nationality is European, you wont need a visa, if your Nationality is outside of the EU and you are not a refugee you will need a tier 2 intra-company visa Short term staff (12 months max) and if it takes longer you can extend it to long term staff

• Advertisement

Andre43 wrote: »
    If you're nationality is European, you wont need a visa, if your Nationality is outside of the EU and you are not a refugee you will need a tier 2 intra-company visa Short term staff (12 months max) and if it takes longer you can extend it to long term staff

Thanks Andre, it was helpful. I also emailed the UK visa department regarding the Visa type, I will get a reply in two days and will post the response here.

Advertisement